T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just finished pressing some transfers and noticed that the bottom rubber plate is developing what looks like air bubbles under the rubber pad. i was hoping someone has seen this before and let me know if this is normal or what causes this to happen or if i have to replace the pad with a new one. and the press is only like 5 months old. hope there is someone with some info on the problem, thanks Phil H.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
i just finished pressing some transfers and noticed that the bottom rubber plate is developing what looks like air bubbles under the rubber pad. i was hoping someone has seen this before and let me know if this is normal or what causes this to happen or if i have to replace the pad with a new one. and the press is only like 5 months old. hope there is someone with some info on the problem, thanks Phil H.
Phil,

One solution is this.....

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu44qf8eetY[/media]

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the video i will be looking in to that heat press bra, but the video didn't explain anything at all about the air bubbles under the bottom rubber plate i'm starting to get please let me know if anyone has info on this

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
thanks for the video i will be looking in to that heat press bra, but the video didn't explain anything at all about the air bubbles under the bottom rubber plate i'm starting to get please let me know if anyone has info on this
What press do you have?

·
Registered
996 Posts
Your press should be under warrantee if you purchased it new. It sounds like the glue that holds the pad onto the plate is coming loose. You may have to replace the whole pad with another because I don't think that you will be able to get the pad up in order to spray some high temp glue and put it back down. If you need to replace it, look up "refractory" dist. in your yellow pages. You can purchase teflon in different thicknesses and they may even cut it for you. They will have high temp. spray also. Good luck.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I'm guessing the bubbles aren't there when the press is cold....this means that they are air bubbles. One easy fix is to use a needle and push it into the air bubble. The hole wil close up when the pin is removed. Bubbles can lead to issues when printing , especially when using transfers.
If the air bubbles are severe, consider replacement. fROM

·
Registered
124 Posts
sorry for the incomplete response...

if the bubbles in the pad are severe, consider replacing the pad. From the looks of it, from your pic...you have a version of the Mighty press made by Stahls'
Hotronix
their tech line for parts is 800-727-8520. The even carry the high temp glue needed to apply a new pad.

Good luck!

·
Registered
124 Posts
My bad......the pic isn't of your press...but of an example of a teflon platen cover in a vid clip. Although these covers help, under pressure, the air bubbles would still cause a problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts