T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I really need some opinions on something regarding a problem with my t-shirt order. I have already emailed them and am just waiting on a reply. But I want to run it by you guys too because I'm on my own here and I really need someone else's opinion.

I'm not going to name the company who printed these, yet. I'm pretty sure they will sort it out. I just want to get it off my chest, here, because it's been driving me mad all weekend! :(

I recently had some shirts printed, received them on Saturday, but one of the t-shirt designs is COMPLETELY wrong. I mean, it's not even close....it looks like it's been printed by someone with their eyes closed.

My original design submitted to the screenprinter:

and this is what I recieved:

Like I said, I already emailed them and am waiting on a reply. I just wanted to know from you guys if this kind of thing is common? will they replace them? or am I stuck with these now. This was my first ever screen print order and was for my t-shirt line that I'm supposed to be launching next week. Now I'm worried. Really worried....

· Registered
538 Posts
Did you send the SEP files and did they send a digital proof for approval ? If you didn't sign off on a proof It's a lesson for you and the printer , I'd be curious as to what the file looked like that you sent them & if you had the color seperations done

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi dptk, thanks for the reply.

I had sent them a colour separated Photoshop file, yes. At 300 DPI.

I was not sent a digital proof for approval. This wasn't even mentioned. I had 5 other shirt designs printed and these were all pretty much spot on with the colours.

The company I'm dealing with are pretty big players in the world of Screen printing t-shirts. It's not a small, family run, amateur business. I just don't understand how this could happen - whether I'm the one to blame or not. :(:confused:

· Registered
6 Posts
Hey ,

I hade some problems as well , i ask for a few 100 shirts , and sad to the company make me one T-shirt for example that i can check . Wennt back couple of times to see the example , nothing . Than last time they made already few 100 , offcourse wrong . So i just didnt pay them . That was not what i was ordering.

Did they ask you kind of , look its not the saim because.... i think is obvious is not what is on the picture color wise , i think they sould have said some thing about it . When not so thise mines they dont realy care and i think dont matter how big they are its just showes they dont care realy . So i would not care realy . And finaly you are the costumer . And any bad word of a company count 10 x more than a good one , they know that .

Peter

· Registered
103 Posts
" The company I'm dealing with are pretty big players in the world of Screen printing t-shirts. It's not a small, family run, amateur business. I just don't understand how this could happen - whether I'm the one to blame or not. "

There is nothing wrong with a small family run business....:D

· Registered
2,920 Posts
That was an unreasonable print. You are the client and they should follow as instructed or was it a "what do you think and prefer job?" then that is a problem.

Obviously it's the company's fault! You should return the shirts back to them and have it replaced.

I am with Mr. Zoiko, there is nothing wrong if the player is small time as long as it gets the job done.

· Registered
28 Posts
Don't sell any of these shirts! Give them back to the printer and ask to be refunded or make the job right, this is unacceptable. The company should always send a virtual proof for approval before printing. Make sure they do this from here on out, even if you don't use this company again make sure the next printer you choose understands that you need to see a virtual proof before anything goes to production. I wish you luck and hope that the company makes it right for you.

· Registered
1,855 Posts
Did you specify PMS colours?.....
The printer is way off on the colors. Even if specific pms colors weren't given, the colors are just way off. Especially if the other 5 designs were color matched closely but this design wasn't.

And also, like others have said small family run businesses are great companies because they are large enough to handle the print volume but small even to give you individual attention.

· Registered
363 Posts
It's not a small, family run, amateur business.
A lot of the members that make up this forum are indeed a small, family run business ( who give professional advice). Many of whom have worked for a large "professional" printing business. It is not fair to call them amateurs and then ask for advice. A large company has separate departments for every step in the process. There was a mistake made in one of the departments or perhaps in your submission. The actual printer may not have even seen the graphic you submitted. A mistake like this to a large company is nothing compared to that of a small shop. A small shop can't afford to make a mistake like this, that is why so much attention is given to each and every customer. I am not talking down larger companies by any means, just trying to stand up for us amateurs;)

I hope that you are able to sort things out!

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cmon guys, please don't take any offense at my "small, family run business" remark. That's not what I meant! :eek: This seems like such a rookie error. It's just that I (along with many other people I'm sure) have the preconceived idea/notion that the so called bigger companies are going to be harder, better, faster, stronger! That's proved not to be the case though, but you know - you live and learn. I'm new to this.

So anyway, they've offered to replace the shirts, which is good. My only qualm is that this whole thing is going to majorly delay my website/t-shirt line launch date. By the time they get the faulty shirts back, print the new ones, ship the new ones to me, it's going to be at least 10 days. :rolleyes: Nothing ever seems to run smoothly for me it seems. :(:eek::rolleyes:

· Registered
363 Posts
have the preconceived idea/notion that the so called bigger companies are going to be harder, better, faster, stronger!
I know you didn't mean to hurt our feelings:( Just trying to stick up for us small guys (and ladies) because many people have that same assumption. There are advantages and disadvantages of both. At my shop when there is an error or a time crunch, I will miss dinner and pull a late one, perhaps even miss bible study on Sunday to meet the needs of a customer. where as a bigger company will punch out at 4 and get back to you on Monday.

cheers!

· Registered
199 Posts
Um, 10 days to reprint your shirts? That is unacceptable. Tell them to get off their arse and knock them out in a day or two. In the rare occurence we have to reprint a job, you can bet we are staying late to get them reprinted....they certainly shouldn't just go back into the regular production schedule....personally I would SEEK out a small quality shop and have them start doing your printing, as the Big Boy seems to have forgotten about customer service.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.