T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be a vendor at my first show this Sunday. I'll have some of my hand-painted kids clothes there and I'm very nervous. I'm nervous I won't sell much at all and equally that I'll sell out long before the show is over because I don't have that much inventory.

I'm thinking to make either a product book or some kind of flyer to show off all of my printed designs. I'm not sure if people will want to stop long enough to really look through the book, but not sure if a flyer will get through enough info. There's so many options, it's driving me crazy! lol.

Today I'm off to Kinos because my *%[email protected] printer won't print on the business card paper I bought. Tehn I have to get more bags-which I almost forgot to get and check out table rental prices. *flops*

Anyway, if people are interested, I'll keep you guys updated on how things are going and how the show goes.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds pretty cool. My show is a dog walk for cancer, so there's the walk and then a bunch of crafters and food vendors. The booth was $50,which was the most I was prepared to pay for my first show. I like this one because it'll undoubtedly have lots of animal lovers and my shirts are animal themed as is my artwork.

For the bags, since I don't have much time left, I'm buying them at my local Micheals store..nice handled kraft bags. I'm sure you can find them online somewhere for cheaper though. These are normally 6.00 for 13, but I had two coupons so I'm getting them nearly half that price.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Being so popular you sell out is the problem everybody wants. That's not to say it isn't a problem, but at the same time it's the problem that isn't a problem, if you catch my drift.
Good point. :) I was concerned about sitting there with nothing, but you bring up good ideas to do in case that does happen, thanks!

I actually think that flyers are a bad idea. People will walk by, pick one up and never buy anything. Your best chance of getting a sale is when the person is standing there at the booth. Talk to them and try to get the sale right then. If they are not going to buy, then give them a flyer (hide them under the table so people can't just pick one up and walk off).
Good tip here too. Thanks!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is all such great advice, thanks everyone!

reiyou: Selling directly to kids/parents. And chatting I think I can do :)

I'm working on my setup now, I'll be posting some pics when I've got something working well.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I don't think that's harsh Jasonda..it's good to hear from people who've done it. Since I only have about 25 flyers anyway, I'll keep them for people that I engage in conversation and if they seem interested in my other designs, the ones I don't have with me, I'll give them one.

So my last hurdle to decide on is pricing. Right now I'm leaning toward $15 for infant creeper or tee. That seems a decent price for a hand painted item...right?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sure..here are some I had taken of one: [media]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/dreamerwolf/peanutshirt03.jpg[/media]
[media]http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a150/dreamerwolf/peanutshirt02.jpg[/media]

As for the kind of show it is, this is pdf flyer of the event: [media]http://www.golden-dogs.org/Dog_Walk/DWFC_2008.pdf[/media] It's a dog walk sponsored by a therapy dog group and there will be vendors and events and such.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Well, show's over. Oy, I learned a few lessons. Mainly, if you're vending out doors, get a tent. :p It's true, but I jest...the weather was hot but actually very nice and as long as I didn't burn, it's all good.

It wasn't quite what I was expecting, mostly because I had expected a lot more people. But, I sold one, got lots of compliments and possibly have a few more sales coming in later.

So, all in all, I didn't make what I would have liked to, but as far as a first show goes, it was interesting and fun. Now I'm off to the papers to find another one.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.