T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I actually think that flyers are a bad idea. People will walk by, pick one up and never buy anything. Your best chance of getting a sale is when the person is standing there at the booth. Talk to them and try to get the sale right then. If they are not going to buy, then give them a flyer (hide them under the table so people can't just pick one up and walk off).

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Well,I wouldn't ask for a flyer that I can't reach.
If the flyers are on the table,usually people not interested in don't take it.If they want to take it -then they probably read it and that's what I want...:) I have to get people know about my website,so I'm still planning printing the flyers.
Maybe I will even ask people who goes by my table if they want to check my website and give them my flyers...
The whole point of doing a show is to sell something, right?

So in my experience (and I have done shows before.. and sold quite a bit) if you are handing out flyers.. you are preventing that sale from happening. So what if someone takes the flyer? The odds of them even looking at the website, much less actually buying something, has got to be like 1 in 50, while your chance of actually selling them something while they are standing right there, is more like 1 in 10 (or better if you are good at sales).

Not trying to be harsh.. just saying what I've seen from my own experience. Absolutely nothing is better than face-to-face sales, and since you are already there, paying for the booth, spending your own time there, you should do your best to make it happen.

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
I don't think that's harsh Jasonda..it's good to hear from people who've done it. Since I only have about 25 flyers anyway, I'll keep them for people that I engage in conversation and if they seem interested in my other designs, the ones I don't have with me, I'll give them one.
Yay.. :)

So my last hurdle to decide on is pricing. Right now I'm leaning toward $15 for infant creeper or tee. That seems a decent price for a hand painted item...right?
Could you post a picture of one of your designs? For hand painted you might be able to get $20 or $25. It also depends on what kind of show it is.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.