T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my first shot at putting a photo on a shirt. I made this for one of my sons last night. I used Printmaster. The pic is of my brothers car. It's pretty simple. If I was going to do it again, I'd probably use more than one sheet and make it bigger. He thinks it's cool. That's all that matters. I need to add The wor d racing to the back. It was cut off when it printed. I guess my margins were wrong. I also need to add my logo somewhere on the shirt.
I thought it would be a neat idea with the front of the car seen as he was walking toward you and the back of the car as he was walking away. I thought about doing the lettering on the back backwards as if you were looking throught the shirt. I didn't think most people would get it.

Attachments

·
Registered
90 Posts
Looks good Dennis. Congratulations. I put my info, Business name, Email and Phone number on the sleeve or if a customer wants, on the hem of the shirt. The sleeve gets more noitce. Mine is about 1" H by about 2 1/2" L. You can print about 30 or so on a sheet. The best advertisement you can use are kids. Make them cartoon or photo shirts with your contact info on them. My Grandkids wear them all the time and my business is just word of mouth.
God Bless You
Don

·
Registered
162 Posts
I like the way the print turned out.
what type of paper did you use.
Is it Iron-All , the image looks
screen printed.

Good Work
Polomac

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The paper I used is Transfer Magic. I think it is from Hane's. This is the first time I used this paper. The pictures were taken with a $15 digital camera from Walmart. I used the "paint" program on my computer to erase all the background around the dragster. I'm thinking of contacting the track photographer to see if we can work something out. People could buy the pics of their cars from him and I'd apply them to the shirt.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Dennis,

Shirt looks good. Did you happen to get any carrier lines showing through. Or did you cut precisely around the edge of the image. I cant really see any lines from the paper from those images....which is a good thing :)

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I trimmed close but not too close. If I was making it for a customer I'd trimmed closer. But like I said, it was a test shirt.
By the way, He wore it to the track Sat. night and I have a woman intrested in buying about 20 of them with her boyfriends car on it for friends and family.:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts