T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. Since joining these forums I have learned so much. Recently I got a bid doing t-shirts for the local HS homecoming. I bought my hix ht-400d heatpress, made the designs, sent them off to first-edition, bought my shirts for a great price through a local distributor and pumped out all the t-shirts in 3.5 hours without a single messup. Due in large part to all the info available here! Oh, and i paid off my heatpress in this one order!
Here's a pic of a few of the t-shirts before I took them to the school.

Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the replys.
Yes these were cold peel w/ adhesive crystals. Honestly, I don't even know what adhesive crystals are, I just know there is a distinction between w/ and w/out. They were one colour, and it was a gold ink called "shimmer" because it isn't glitter but is slightly reflective.
I got the deal because my younger brother was once ASB president of the HS and the activity director knew him and through him that I had started a biz ( i do video editing, grfx design and photography as well) and was fed up with her supplier so she gave me a chance. There's 2200 kids in the school and apparently I'll be doing the t-shirts for all school events the rest of the year, lucky break i guess.
peace.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
lucky break i guess
As I tell a lot of people that are starting out, sometimes you just have to wait. Don't get upset about not getting jobs because eventually something will come your way. Just be professional. You did a professional job and having a connection helped.I don't think it was lucky, I think it was fate.

·
Registered
282 Posts
badalou said:
As I tell a lot of people that are starting out, sometimes you just have to wait. Don't get upset about not getting jobs because eventually something will come your way. Just be professional. You did a professional job and having a connection helped.I don't think it was lucky, I think it was fate.
Cool story. I agree with Lou. You were in the right place at the right time but you made it happen...

·
Registered
53 Posts
hiveind said:
There's 2200 kids in the school and apparently I'll be doing the t-shirts for all school events the rest of the year, lucky break i guess.
peace.
This is excellent for inspiration. Kudos on a job well done and on landing the ongoing account as well. And those shirts do look great. I'm learning so much from this forum. I'm already rethinking my business model.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.