T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i had slight trouble registering my jobs on my silver press withough micros registration so i bought them!!! now dont get me wrong the definately help but they take alot of getting used to and it seems like pre press registering solves alot of the problems! Heres a print i did for a loval shop for som t-shirts for 4/20 my first Job!

slightly off still but hard to tell unless really close but still looks pretty good (any suggestions on how to improve my registration skills)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congrtaulations! That's a nice lookin' print.

My opinion on micro registration devices is that they are not very effective if they are not loaded by some kind of tension. There is space, slop, between the mating thread surfaces within the micros. Let's say you turn the adjustment screw clockwise until the screen moves. A further quater clockwise turn of the adjustment screw will move the screen a certain amount, another quater turn will move it the same amount. A quater turn counter clockwise will not move it back by that amount and will probaly not move the screen at all. It may take several quater counter clockwise turns to get the screen to move. This is because some counter clockwise turning will be needed to bring the thread surfaces into contact by removing space or slop between the surfaces. Loaded micros always keep the thread surfaces in contact with each other, eliminating any slop. Turning an adjustment screw clockwise will move the screen a set amount; turning the adjustment screw counter clockwise will move the screen the same amount in the opposite direction.

- Scotty

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

My opinion on micro registration devices is that they are not very effective if they are not loaded by some kind of tension. There is space, slop, between the mating thread surfaces within the micros. Let's say you turn the adjustment screw clockwise until the screen moves. A further quater clockwise turn of the adjustment screw will move the screen a certain amount, another quater turn will move it the same amount. A quater turn counter clockwise will not move it back by that amount and will probaly not move the screen at all. It may take several quater counter clockwise turns to get the screen to move. This is because some counter clockwise turning will be needed to bring the thread surfaces into contact by removing space or slop between the surfaces. Loaded micros always keep the thread surfaces in contact with each other, eliminating any slop. Turning an adjustment screw clockwise will move the screen a set amount; turning the adjustment screw counter clockwise will move the screen the same amount in the opposite direction.

- Scotty
ha I knew there had to be some difference with higher grade equipment I know I'm new but I'm already feeling like I'm outgrowing this press what are some good ones with the micros your talking about? And how about Riley Hopkins joystick micro registration?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

- Scotty
ha I knew there had to be some difference with higher grade equipment I know I'm new but I'm already feeling like I'm outgrowing this press what are some good ones with the micros your talking about? And how about Riley Hopkins joystick micro registration?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
I've got a Hopkins 8/4 win press with joystick registration....good press!
Can't go wrong with a Hopkins :)
Good job on your print !

·
Registered
175 Posts
i know this is old but to regestir a the easiest way is to do it before you even print. i register my jobs with a picure on the platten where i want the print then grab the screen and the transperency and match it tape the trasperency and adjust as needed i do this with all my screens then burn now after i burn i just set the sreens to the picture again and thats it . it really saves me alotta time i just did a 50 shirt order and all the prints came out fine 3 colors on white . i also always print a couple test pellons to make sure the press is registerd correctly . i have an older press so i dont belive it has micros and if it does i dont use em lol. i too am just a beginner. your shirts look great i honetly cant see where you r off registration but then again dont know what you intially wanted . the look really good tho. also when doing multi color always print light to dark if you are off a little the dark will help hide it lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts