T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I guess the reason why I'm posting it here is to share my excitement and to ask for some feedback. But also because I'm a little insecure of my first purchase and need some support. :D:D

After weighing out my budget and goals, I decided on the Mighty Press 11x15 Porta as my first press.

I have done a lot of research on the presses in this price range and this seems to be the best that I could find. What are your guys' thoughts? Anyone out there dislike this model?

One quick question as well....this press only outputs 1000w vs the 1400w+ that the other researched presses put out. Does this make a big difference?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My plan was to use the mighty press until I generate enough profits for an upgrade....then putting my mighty press as a backup. I figure I would need a backup anyways given that in the event that my main press craps out...I wouldnt lose my customers.

My other thoughts....tap into some other funds and get the Hix Swingman 15.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea I've considered the 15x15 as well, but I don't know if its my stubborness, but I don't think I need the extra 4 inches for my designs. The jump to a 15x15 is about a 200 dollar difference. It might not seem like a lot to some people, but it is to me.

A 9x12 is was way out of the question, and I can't really afford to go all out with a larger one given my current financial situation. So I have settled on middle grounds with the Mighty Press. If any of you guys know a bigger and better press for around 400-500 please let me know!!

Not to mention I want it new, since I have somewhat of a phobia of purchasing used equipment before seeing it.

Thanks for your input guys!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input,

Yea I've thought about the hix presto as well. But I'm not sure if I want to make a jump from 1k watts to 1500. I'm not sure if my condo can handle it.

Think i'll stick with the mighty press until I start planning for high volume. For some reason, I'm a bigger fan of stahls than I am hix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.