T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I started my little biz with a 9 x 12. did a few small orders and then got a big order.. I got paid enough up front to buy the 15 x 15 mighty press which I love. If your going to do any business at all this is the way to go. I got lucky enough to get the big order. I still made money after I bought the press. I think though I would still have put my small press on ebay and bought a larger one. when you get down to doing the actual work and lining things up and pressing you will want the larger press. My small one is still here and I am getting ready to part with it.

·
Registered
4,766 Posts
I think the press you want is workable for you and would gladly offer some printing tips when you need them. I don't think it is a bad thing to start out small. I know that if you get some sales and make some money you really should upgrade. Then you could easily sell your smaller press on ebay. Like I said I got one order for 175 shirts and they paid me up half up front and I used that money to buy my larger press. So out of pocket money was zero. And I got the press before I had to do the large order then I made the shirts and in about half the time than my smaller press (less maneuvering around)Delivered shirts, got rest of money which paid for the shirts I put on my credit card and still made a few dollars.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.