T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Take into consideration that I'm a newbie. Tonight I made my first ever REAL car decal! I'm so proud of myself.
*Although it did take 3 times including a blade change. :rolleyes:
But I did it!
Yea ME!

Thanks for letting me share.
I'd post it, but I don't know how.

Kimberly

·
Registered
869 Posts
Congratulations on your accomplishment.
Now, show it to us.
At the bottom of the page- find Go Advanced then type your text in the page that comes up. Then down at the bottom, find Manage Attachments , open that, find the file you want to upload (browse) and then click on Upload. That's about it. Be sure your file is the right type and size.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The Cricut is just a cutter. I didn't print at all.
I created the logo using PrintShop. Imported into InkScape to change it to an SVG file. Opened up SCAL and imported the new SVG file into it. (SCAL will only read SVG files) Cut, weed, mask and Wha La!
Pretty cool huh?
I was/am pleased with myself since I don't have a real cutter. However, that is fixin' to change. I'm movin up to bigger, better, and hopefully easier things with a real vinyl cutter.

Thanks for letting me share.
Kimberly

·
Registered
18 Posts
Great job like a man once asked how do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time.Sounds like you have a handle on the setup part I didn't think you could accomplish what you did with a Cricut,I think just setting it up is half the battle.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Oh yes. I have the fever alright. Badly too. Now, if I just figure out how to configure the used Vinyl Express Q60 I have. I'll be on fire! LOL

Thanks for all the comments,
Kimberly

·
Registered
328 Posts
Congrats. Now you have gone through a door into a bigger world.....where have I hear that........lol. Don't be afraid to push a design too far. Cuz It well help you see the far enough picture........and always have fun!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts