T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
normsbrand said:
Good Job, let us know how much business comes your way from Threadless. I am guessing a lot.
I'm new on threadless but I will see how it works and what advantages I will get from them.

Anyway my design has finished scoring cause they have some new rules now and they won't let your design in the running for 7 days, like it was before instead they will allow you only 24 hours...

The good thing is that now I can put it on cafepress (I'm working to open the store) and sell it :D if threadless is not printing it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,512 Posts
m26gil said:
Anyway my design has finished scoring cause they have some new rules now and they won't let your design in the running for 7 days, like it was before instead they will allow you only 24 hours...
Voting is still for the duration of seven days. The change is that some designs get dropped after 24 hours if they're doing very badly - it was a measure introduced to try and reduce the number of submissions available for voting at any time because the numbers were getting unmanageable, which meant that designs with a better chance of getting printed weren't always being seen.

The Threadless submission process is a tough gauntlet. Better luck next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
monkeylantern said:
I like your work.

Don't be disheartened. Threadless is a very tough nut to crack....thousands of great designs don't get through, and many pretty awful ones do.
Thanks Nick, I really appreciate your comment.

Like I said before I'm just at the beginning of this... with practice I will get better and better.... ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Boy, that threadless is a tough monkey :D...

I was really disapointed whem my design finished scoring with only 1.53 out of 5 but after surfing the site better and scoring some designs myself I find out that 2.00 or 2.50 are good points for a design to score. Even my 1.53 is not so bad for a first time...

I've done a little mistake and I got taxed for it by other members. Everytime I've posted a comment I'd ad a link to my own design I a got some people upset... sorry again. So if you ever submit some comments to threadless loose the links...

Anyway I've submited my second design today and as soon as it's published I will post the link.

Have fun!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,512 Posts
m26gil said:
Boy, that threadless is a tough monkey :D...
Very. It's broken many artists, but it's also helped others. A lot of the criticism is fairly irrelevant, but hidden amongst it is often some insightful critiques.

m26gil said:
I find out that 2.00 or 2.50 are good points for a design to score. Even my 1.53 is not so bad for a first time...
Good would be more 2.7+, but yes 1.53 isn't bad for a first submission - plenty of people do much much worse and go on to do better.

m26gil said:
Everytime I've posted a comment I'd ad a link to my own design
Yeah, that's a big faux pas in pretty much any venue. It's also just not necessary - these days submissions that make it through the seven days will generally get about 2,000 votes, so there's not really any need to drum up more votes. That is, there's no point drumming up votes from people on Threadless, etc. - if you have a following on a blog, or a large group of friends, etc. (i.e. people who are more likely to rate you higher than average) then that's a different matter.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Solmu said:
Yeah, that's a big faux pas in pretty much any venue. It's also just not necessary - these days submissions that make it through the seven days will generally get about 2,000 votes, so there's not really any need to drum up more votes. That is, there's no point drumming up votes from people on Threadless, etc. - if you have a following on a blog, or a large group of friends, etc. (i.e. people who are more likely to rate you higher than average) then that's a different matter.
It was a mistake and I won't do that again... I've learned my lesson. :eek:

Anyway I will try harder next time cause I want to get better at this and I have plenty of ideas :cool: .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,800 Posts
looked at your design a few days ago.

You are very talented, serious. Im not just saying it to be nice.

The rob-head being built looks like its moving with the off angle arrows creates a nice balance.

The first thing that came to my mind when I first saw it was the Canadian Arm up at the space station.... don't know why I saw it like that at first glance.


Great work.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks Lucy... I had to google what Canadian Arm is... I never knew.. shame on me :D

I hope that until monday my second design will be approved on threadles.

Have fun!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,970 Posts
Another great pair of designs! Again, knowing threadless, the chance of even good designs getting through is slim, so don't let being knocked back as a negative.

One point though....many other tshirt shops that take designs won't take those previously voted for on threadless, so you don't want to blow your hand.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
monkeylantern said:
Another great pair of designs! Again, knowing threadless, the chance of even good designs getting through is slim, so don't let being knocked back as a negative.

One point though....many other tshirt shops that take designs won't take those previously voted for on threadless, so you don't want to blow your hand.
Thanks Nick!

I don't intend to print or sell my threadless designs... I just want to be known and to create a portfolio.

I'm loaded with ideas for t-shirts :D
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top