T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks good. One thing you might try in the future to give it a little more readability is to use the shirt color as an outline to separate the type from the background.
How do I do this ????

I have corel draw x6 ...... ever since you showed this to me my brain is going crazy..... thank you for the advice.... this is for sure the way I should have done it.... can you give me a step by step on how to get it looking like you did?

· Registered
3,095 Posts
How do I do this ????

I have corel draw x6 ...... ever since you showed this to me my brain is going crazy..... thank you for the advice.... this is for sure the way I should have done it.... can you give me a step by step on how to get it looking like you did?
Create your type in red with a black outline just like you did (behind fill.) Now copy and paste it. On the pasted object, turn the type and the outline white and increase the thickness of the outline to about twice what you used for the black. Now send the new object behind the original.

To see your new white knockout, put a square of color behind the two objects. Now adjust the thickness of the black and white outlines as you please until it looks the way you want.

I like outlines better than contours for this effect. I feel I have more control.

· Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Create your type in red with a black outline just like you did (behind fill.) Now copy and paste it. On the pasted object, turn the type and the outline white and increase the thickness of the outline to about twice what you used for the black. Now send the new object behind the original.

To see your new white knockout, put a square of color behind the two objects. Now adjust the thickness of the black and white outlines as you please until it looks the way you want.

I like outlines better than contours for this effect. I feel I have more control.
Can I do this with only one color??? No outline...... I am trying to do it with a white font on a gray background....not having any luck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.