T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so, i attended magic for the first time last week...after having heard about this convention for many years, i was excited to be finally attending!

first of all, the place is huge and the number of vendors there is incredible. you can walk all day everyday and probably still never see everything.

streetwear: the streetwear area was madness, i saw alot of "emptees" type of stuff there (big colorful vector art)...tons of girls there looking like they're just trying to meet their favorite rapper (saw paul wall, soulja boy, etc etc walking around), and lots of aspiring rapper/dj/clothing mogul-types there at this part of the show

pool: this was waaaaay in the back of the far hall, it was really quiet in there (in comparision to streetwear), maybe just 1 or 2 dj's spinning...alot of small companies trying to get their name out there

project: this is where i was most looking forward to seeing, and it didnt disappoint...tons of "coolness", or attempts to be cool, in this area...lots of tshirt-only brands, and most of the t-shirt companies all looked the same - skulls, fleur de leis, crosses, etc...

overall it was a good experience, wish i would have went to some seminars...everyone seemed kind of uptight if you told them you weren't a buyer...

so, now i sit back and ask myself: what can i do to be ready for something like this, and what strategies can i use to make myself stand out from the endless other tshirt brands that attend!?!?!?!?!

ill post some pics later

:)

·
Registered
592 Posts
The reason they would be uptight if you weren't a buyer, is because they are there for business and not to entertain. They spend thousands on their booths and promotionals and would rather sell to make profits rather then impress an audience.

You not being a buyer also hints them then you may only be a competitor.

I saw way too many non-buyers at the show this year. lol A couple even asked me on the street where Magic was because they heard about it and wanted to know if they had good sales going on? I responded with a puzzled look and they responded by saying that they thought it was a convention of retailers who were selling their clothing at a discount for the public. Anyhow, looking forward to it in Feb.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts