T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Viper is telling me to remove paper. Apparently there is no answer locally because I was told they will call Monday. I have been down for 4 days now. The first error was load plain paper in p tray. Finally got that fixed along with the fact that it was loading in reverse. Now it wants me to remove paper. Any ideas

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The good news is yes there can be an easy fix. I would get with the other guy and see if you can help you first. It could be a problem in the settings. The bad news is that mine had a bad board and they came and replaced it for me. They said if you unplug or turn off the machine you must wait several seconds before turning it back on. Also try to avoid doing this too much. In my case we had a series of severe weather and it continually interrupted the power for 3 days. Good luck.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Im in Australia, BUt yes i may be able to help you. In actual printer preference settings can you do a screen dump and emalit to me on [email protected]. also on the Viper what does the screen say for the paper settings is it set to roll, roll cut or paper it is a sign so it will not say it in words. I realy to to talk you throuh it bit by bit.

·
Registered
348 Posts
ok also need to ensure that in the Epson driver printter preference settings that it is also set to roll and you need to sset a page size and sva it under a name ie VIPER. What happens is that when installed someitmes they do this and forget to put a name in and just presss save which inturn will not save it and it will automatically revert back to paper sheet. Make your sheet size the standard width and then a long sheet this then lets the Printer know that the roll size is so long. It does have to be saved under a name and then this is set as the default usage. I hope you can un derstand this

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok apparently they set up a dtg printer & epson printer. The dtg was preset correctly. I had to change the epson to roll paper and changed the paper size. I got the long sheet. My printer keeps starting up with the paper & scissors. When I change it to roll on the front panel and press load the thing rolls in reverse and throws up the remove paper error. Do you have any other ideas on what this could be. Last time they replaced the boss board. They took everything apart and that was a little over a week ago.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Mate this is a Main board problem. The Firm ware in the main board is cinfliciting with the boss board. You do need to contatc your dealer and advise of problem and tell them it is the main board. It has happened before and is not common but has happend. Once the main board has been repalced and tested to ensurew that all is working fine you will have no more problems. Sorry to have to be the bearer of the bad news but we have been through every thing else nad all seems correct in the settings as fare as I can tell. I do hope all works out for you as my machince is going fine and we have done over 6000 prints on it with no problems. So there is light at the end of the tunnel and all will be good once fixed.
Grant.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you so much for all of your help. I figured it was gonna be the board. Oh well, I know this is a really awesome machine and like any year one model there are kinks and I guess they found they found the guinea pig. :rolleyes::)

·
Registered
98 Posts
i had that problem and it was a dodgy media sensor. our machine just got upgraded and the media sensor is now a switch not a light sensor. if its the old kind make sure it is clean, they can get crap sitting in them and then think the platen is already loaded.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.