T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Martin I am using a program called "Rip Pro" it is version 6 it is for any Epson 4880 and may support other Epson models. It is from a company called Iproof Systems. This RIP came with the printer.

I am using a .PNG file to print from the designs were created in Photoshop without using any black so black was not needed to be removed.

However if you are printing on Black I do suggest 100% trying to remove as much black from your graphics as possible even if your RIP lets you "remove" black I find it still is not that great.

Hope this helps!

· Registered
64 Posts
Martin I am using a program called "Rip Pro" it is version 6 it is for any Epson 4880 and may support other Epson models. It is from a company called Iproof Systems. This RIP came with the printer.

I am using a .PNG file to print from the designs were created in Photoshop without using any black so black was not needed to be removed.

However if you are printing on Black I do suggest 100% trying to remove as much black from your graphics as possible even if your RIP lets you "remove" black I find it still is not that great.

Hope this helps!
I will try remove 100% off black ,never try before ,always 40-50% in RIP options and removing background in photoshop and conver to png or pds is work as well .Thanks .....
Epson R3000, Firebrid inks and PT
PS.what brand of t-shirts u use ? or Hoodies

Big Thanks

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have had good results using Allstyle Apparel and Gildan 100% Combed Cotton for less fibrillation I also use a "Garden" sprayer and then I take a Wooster brand paint brush and brush the pre treatment down in 1 direction so everything is nice and uniform.

I have had pretty decent results with wash ability I do notice the main problem with my pre treatment is you have to really shake it up every day or it seems there is some settlement I notice I didn't shake it one time after several days of it sitting and all my prints washed out not sure if this happens to everyone or if my pre treat was just old.

· Registered
335 Posts
Nice prints on the black!! Like the Tiger for the variation color on the neck. Nit trying to be critical here, I'm Not sure if it's the lighting on the white shirts, I like the shirts but you might want to add a little light when taking the pic so you can capture the pop of the image on the shirt. Sometimes when taking pics when we have a good print the regular lighting takes away from the pic. Other then that keep up the good work!

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I never would have purchased a Summit DTG "MESA" is a HORRIBLE company to deal with and they destroyed my entire business I was only able to get about 150-200 print's before this thing was toast and prior to those prints they had sent me a DOA Printer.... and it took over 1 year to get a Service tech to fly out and get it repaired. That being said You live and learn :S and then go out of business before you ever start your business.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.