T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The book I have with my DTG Kiosk indicates they have an ink called UNI for non-textiles but our vendor doesn't seem to know about it. Is this available or is it a non-USA product?

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have heard of the UNI inks and they were available from my distributor. BUT, they have recently been testing a new special pre-coating for hard objects/non-textiles which you wipe onto the surface and then print on using normal Textile inks. Worked pretty well when I saw a demo.

·
Registered
113 Posts
According to the DTG website there are Uni inks available but not all dealers have finished their reliability and quality tests yet. Depending on where you are they may or may not be available. There are also hard product surface coatings available.

The pre-treat zhenjie mentions will still require you to apply a post treat for scratch proofing and is also still being evaluated. I have also heard it is very good.

·
Registered
9,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, we have the pre/post treat on order. It was supposed to have come with our kit but it wasn't there so we are still waiting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts