T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
this is my diy build so far. I have made a all in one screen storage plus exposure unit wit a one color silver press on top. I am also making a wash out sink and a flash unit. final step is to make a rotating pallet table under the flash. i will post pics when finished.

Material pricing so far

flash element plus stuff $225( my flash is 18 by 18 2200 watts.
metal tubing four feet 20 dollars
trip to aluminum scrap yard 25 dollars found a lot of weldable aluminum
electrical components 30 dollars.
i already owned a flood light so i changed the bulb $2.50
bug lights $1.40 for a pair
glass for exposure lid free paid 10 dollars to cut it

lexan sheet 25 dollars for wash out sink.
wash out sink stand 10 dollars for 8 tees 4 elbows and 10 feet of pipe plus one 2 inch clean out
marine sealant 20 dollars

1 can of flat black paint 6.50
1 can of spray paint flat black 2.50
plywood was laying around
1 tube of painters chalk 2.50
jack nuts 3 dollars

tools used, miter saw, circular saw, cordless drill. jack nut gun,cone bit, grinder and a table saw

Attachments

·
Registered
125 Posts
Nice set, but your light box and one light bulb will that be enough and the distance seems to deep?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the light is 17 inches from the glass the same distance i had the light when i had a over head exposure unit. my light is 500 watts. but if it is not intense enough the i am planning to put in a 1000 watt security halogen light. already checked the lighting store. but i think my next diy is a black light exposure unit. i just want this for the simple stuff.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the white strip are screen drying racks. i need to add the fans to circulate the air. i just put my chemical there so i could finish another shelf on the wall for them. sinks almost done soon upload.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you going to add a 4 color rotating press or stick with the single press?
Like the all in one design, keeps things organized.
for this design i am sticking with the one color press. i and thinking of the 6 color silver press for future upgrade. my next challenge is a exposure unit and screen dryer.

·
Registered
137 Posts
got busy, here is my wash out sink and my finished flash
That looks good. I'm guessing you made the washout booth out of plexi-glass? I have a sink already in my garage, but need to put something around it so water won't splash everywhere. I might have to take your plexi-glass idea and try that. :tipthank:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks good. I'm guessing you made the washout booth out of plexi-glass? I have a sink already in my garage, but need to put something around it so water won't splash everywhere. I might have to take your plexi-glass idea and try that. :tipthank:
this is the product i used 3M

1 - 16 of 16 Posts