T-Shirt Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
So, I have a job and I created a custom graphic for it. No charge to the customer. They want that also on a shirt embroidered. I alter the graphic to accommodate and send to be digitized. I charge the customer for the digitizing. If they want the file, they have to pay for the original artwork first as the digitized version is a derivative of my original art. If they provided the camera ready art or they hired and paid me to create their design and I had it digitized and charged a digitizing fee then yes, they would be entitled to the file.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I said earlier I charge a digitizing fee but in reality I figure it into the order price. I have never broken down for a customer the itemized shirt cost/screen charges/ per print location/color.... etc etc...I just give them a per shirt price period based on quantity and add tax. I have only once had a question of cost and then when I was adding it up for them I said oh lookey here, good thing because I forgot to add your art charges....they never asked about the details again.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.