T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I'm using a bulk ink system with sublimation ink. Also, I'm using an ICC profile, but I don't seem to get it right.
When I print something with browns included they come out greens.

I have adjusted my monitor settings, I made sure that everything was fine in Photoshop, I set up the printer, etc.

I'm thinking of using another ICC profile, but I don't know if it would work. And I don't want to pay 35 $ for nothing,having in mind that the actual ICC is not working.:(

What can I do in this case?
Thanks

·
Registered
360 Posts
So someone can help you out, it would be best if you gave your printer brand/model, and paper and ink brand.
That will give them a place to start. :)

Randy

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Elena,

What it sounds like is happening is that based on your current settings (which may or may not be correct), your colors are out of gamut. Since we know very little about your printer and ink setup, the only other thing anyone can recommend besides contacting your distributor is to print a color chart out and see if you are able to hit any browns. Here is a link to a page were we offer free color charts. CMYK & RGB Color Charts - MultiRIP Sublimation, Transfers, Photograph and Direct-to-Garment Printing RIP Softwares. You also might want to change your rendering intent to Perceptual in the Color Settings under the Edit Menu. Not sure if this is going to help you out though. So you might be better off contacting your distributor.

Best wishes.

Mark

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Which printer and which profile are you using? Sounds like a simple setup issue. Also verify your nozzle check. What program do you print from?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi,
I haven't been in the neighborhood lately- sorry for the delay.

I spoke to my supplier ( I have bought a DX5050 with pre-installed CISS and also bulk sublimation ink). I've used the profile I got together with the printer.

After talking to someone from the suppliers company I've noticed that they haven't got any clue about ICC profiles for sublimation. Also, I haven't been able to find out the sublimation paper brand and neither the ink's one.

It seems that both of them are from China and I don't have any hope I will find out soon their brand names:(:(:(. Here in Romania, we can get the sublimation systems but then we don't get any support.

I was thinking on using a standard profile for 4 colors sublimation Epson printer (maybe the D88 or something) but I don't know if they will work, having in mind that the paper and the inks are from China.

Should I order different paper and ink from the US or from the UK?

Thanks,
Elena

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Elena,

Sorry to hear about that. My recommendation would be to either try and get a refund on the stuff you bought, sell it to someone else or just forget about it. Then, go and get a system by a distributor that has some knowledge and a tech support system setup specifically for dye sub. You could always keep your existing system / inks and pay to get your own profiles made from someone via the internet... however there is no telling that the next batch of ink will be the same or need new profiles. Due to the cost of blank sublimation substrates, any savings on an unknown ink can quickly vanish in mistakes. Just my opinion based on my personal experience and talking with hundreds of other dye sub companies.

Best wishes.

Mark

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Elena. You can try 'tweaking' the colour levels in the advanced section of your print driver as well as altering the gamma settings. Try dropping the gamma to about 1.5 and see what that does.

There are many free icc profiles available via the internet and it won't hurt to try a couple out. They need to go into windows / system 32 / spool / drivers /color. You then need to assign the driver as your default in the Epson properties dialogue.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi,

Last time I've done it was ok. I will redo it and if something has changed I will come back to you.

Nevertheless, I will try using a different profile, but I think I will take the advice and buy another system :(

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks a lot, Sonya.

One of my buddies helped me, he altered the gamma to 1,5and changed some other settings. Now the system is working fine.

The colors are not so vivid as I'm used to, but they really correspond to what I'm having on my display.

Thanks again for all your advices.
Great forum!
Elena

1 - 11 of 11 Posts