T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay.. I put a simple site for my clothing company for now... so people have a place to go and which makes it a some what legit business even though it is. Seeing is believing right... So check it out.. let me know what you think. I pretty muched designed the site for merchants and buyers to come check out the styles we are coming out with. I have Photoshoot on April8th and will be using those pictures for web, print and everything else I need. I was wondering how much does one spend on a good flash website that can show off my site when i fully launch to customers who want to check out the styles and buy from the site. Anyone here know how to do that stuff *wink wink RODNEY* hehehe ... but let me know.. I want to do good with my company.. Hope you folks can help! Thanks

CHECK IT OUT AT www.BELHEIR.com

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Comin'OutSwingin said:
I think Rodney will tell you "No flash! No flash!".

I don't know. Just guessing. Wait and see!

hahaha right on.... maybe even just a basic site with a e-commerce page, but my friend has his clothing called Drawclothing.com it looks sick.. maybe i can do a halfflash halfhtml regular site...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
govtissues said:
No flash! Thats my $.02
Pics of your designs should be larger or at least expandable so they can see the quality. Overall it is nice and clean :) Thumbs up
I guess all i need to do now is add a e-commerce page for my shopping cart

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
The main graphic is HUGE. Makes me scroll to get to the actual content, which isn't too useable.

If it's just a showcase site for your apparel line (targeted towards wholesale buyers) and not an ecommerce site, I think it will be fine, although it could use some navigation improvements.

It looks like it's still under construction, so it's hard to comment on an unfinished site.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rodney said:
The main graphic is HUGE. Makes me scroll to get to the actual content, which isn't too useable.

If it's just a showcase site for your apparel line (targeted towards wholesale buyers) and not an ecommerce site, I think it will be fine, although it could use some navigation improvements.

It looks like it's still under construction, so it's hard to comment on an unfinished site.

Yah still underconstruction alittle bit... it was my first time ever working with HTML/DREAMWEAVER/PHOTOSHOP... gotta love all the free online tutorials.. I'll size down the main graphic... I guess cause I'm running on a G5 Dual 2.7 with two 30"inchers it makes the image look small but I check it on my Sony Laptop Z1WA and it seemed fine...but that resolution is 1400x1500 but I'll size it down... Thanks the advice...

·
Registered
249 Posts
BelHeirClothing said:
I guess cause I'm running on a G5 Dual 2.7 with two 30"inchers...
How far back do you have to sit so you're not getting cramps in your neck from rotating your head to view 60" of monitor real estate? I have dual 23" cinema displays and I feel like I'm wasting good Apple product sometimes.

·
Registered
304 Posts
The large graphic looks like it should be clickable so I click it two times and then two times more. It's not clear where I should click until I scroll down.

So far I've spent a grand on my flash site and the store is still being developed.

If your thinking about flash for ecommerce then don't do it. The store will still have to be done in html to allow users to purchase. It is okay to do you info part of the site in flash(your contact page, about us page, homepage, etc.) but not the retail parts.:D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Love the idea and concept (which you already know). As COS leads to... FLASH is for people without any. Just kidding, but you're working against the Internet instead of "with it".

Dude... you've been on this forum since 5 am!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lawaughn said:
How it's been treating me??

Sometimes I should just keep my mouth shut.

hahaha amazing... right on i'll work on the site tonight.. well I wake up at 4am go for a run come back shower and starting working on my company
and i sleep at like 12am... dont ask my why i do that.. i guess after living with a stepdad who in the military and the morning wake up calls for random driving trips or camping has proned me to be able to stay up for long periods of time and the fact that i went to military academy for a month before i went awol aslo has to do with it... uhhh yah i just want part flash part html being more of the ecommerce part

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
DickTees.net said:
How far back do you have to sit so you're not getting cramps in your neck from rotating your head to view 60" of monitor real estate? I have dual 23" cinema displays and I feel like I'm wasting good Apple product sometimes.

Oh I love the 60" view.. i dont only do tshirt graphics but i edit video and do motion graphics in after effects... for fun so thats why i got the 2 30"s

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
DickTees.net said:

Oh and I went to art center in Pasadena for industrial design so sometimes i use studio tools with my wacom tablet whenever i work on a project.. I love Apples... pcs are cool too but apples are sweet

·
Registered
249 Posts
BelHeirClothing said:
Oh I love the 60" view.. i dont only do tshirt graphics but i edit video and do motion graphics in after effects... for fun so thats why i got the 2 30"s
Congrats. T-shirts is a hobby for me as well. My regular gig is as an editor/motion graphics artist where on any given day I might be editing a film commercial, building motion graphics in After Effects for broadcast or dvd menus and occasionally editing feature length HD or film... all on Apple computers. We have four dual G5s for rendering and editing and a couple of singles for compression and dvd authoring.

Oh, and I use a Wacom too. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DickTees.net said:
Congrats. T-shirts is a hobby for me as well. My regular gig is as an editor/motion graphics artist where on any given day I might be editing a film commercial, building motion graphics in After Effects for broadcast or dvd menus and occasionally editing feature length HD or film... all on Apple computers. We have four dual G5s for rendering and editing and a couple of singles for compression and dvd authoring.

Oh, and I use a Wacom too. :rolleyes:
YES YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! a brotha from another motha.. hahaha

1 - 18 of 18 Posts