T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,
I Had a recent Stamp submission get banned from a t-shirt fulfillment company for being threatening?!! I have the image here on this site (it is for image "Unacceptable Behavior" and I don't feel it should, especially in a political year when pro-campaign stuff is ok but my art is not.

Anyone feel free to respond/comment....
Thanks,
Scott

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi Scott. Is the zazzle.com on the stamp itself, that could that possibly be the problem?

I can't see what is wrong with the rest of the image, for them not to be connected with it?

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
A. I like the design
B. when you agreed to the zazzle terms of service you agreed to a non disclosure that states you will never say anything bad about zazzle in a public forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm not saying it about zazzle.com per se...I'm saying artistic statement of free speech....that's all

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I don't see anything wrong with that design. Could the problem lie with the tags/keywords you assigned?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
In response I have removed reference to the company and I want the issue to be about censorship and not anything bad about 1 company.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
the design looks harmless... why did you name it unacceptable behavior? That might be what set them off...? Maybe they just erred on the side of not being offensive... dumb but that's what they might have done... change the name to 2 guys in masks...lol

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I think it is probably the blood. Some people find blood highly offensive. One of my businesses specializes in the design and manufacture of high end Halloween props, you would be amazed at the number of requests we get asking can you build x prop but not make it bloody. I have asked on several occasions why they wanted blood removed and they said that their demographic in their are found any thing with blood or gore to offensive. As a result we have developed a line of non gore props to cater to that market and they have sold way beyond expectation.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
In response I have removed reference to the company and I want the issue to be about censorship and not anything bad about 1 company.

Thanks,

Scott
It's possible that because it is a US Postage stamp that there are even stricter guidelines about what can and cannot be printed.

I know that for the USPS custom postage program, they have very strict guidelines about what is allowed. They used to have a rule that no logos were allowed, but they eased up on that a bit.

My guess is that the image would be fine on a t-shirt, but may have crossed the guidelines for the USPS custom postage program.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), there's no "free speech" when it comes to private businesses and what they choose to print and not print. If you wanted to print it yourself, then you could practice your free speech rights, but they aren't required to print anything they don't feel is appropriate (or their print partner USPS deems inappropriate).

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
It's possible that because it is a US Postage stamp that there are even stricter guidelines about what can and cannot be printed.

I know that for the USPS custom postage program, they have very strict guidelines about what is allowed. They used to have a rule that no logos were allowed, but they eased up on that a bit.

My guess is that the image would be fine on a t-shirt, but may have crossed the guidelines for the USPS custom postage program.

Unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at it), there's no "free speech" when it comes to private businesses and what they choose to print and not print. If you wanted to print it yourself, then you could practice your free speech rights, but they aren't required to print anything they don't feel is appropriate (or their print partner USPS deems inappropriate).

I had GOPOSTL on my car for over 16 years and the state made me get rid of it this year, they said it means something bad, duh that is why I got it over 16 years ago and it is just now bad.
I worked there is why I got it but yea I am sure they find it offensive if it is going on a stamp maybe. who knows

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks all for your input...I feel better about the censorship...now....not great, but that's life.
The GOPOSTL made my day....I see I am not alone.....a red badge of courage in Art.

Thnx again,

Scott

·
Registered
926 Posts
I don't see anything "wrong" with your design, Scott - it must be the stamp thing.

So far as the GOPOSTL issue - I'm not sure about Ohio, but in many states a percentage of the vanity licence plate fee goes to the two political parties. So, it's not totally a personal issue. I could care less, but the Dems and Republicans don't want money (in theory) that came from something that many people find offensive.

·
Registered
2,211 Posts
I had GOPOSTL on my car for over 16 years and the state made me get rid of it this year, they said it means something bad, duh that is why I got it over 16 years ago and it is just now bad.
I worked there is why I got it but yea I am sure they find it offensive if it is going on a stamp maybe. who knows
That reminds me a shipping/package place that opened up near my house called "Going Postal". I just didn't think what was the best name for a place. ;)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Yes it is in the terms and use of service which is a binding contract. That is why you should always read the terms and use of service on any site or software, not just click yes I accept without reading things.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts