T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought clearsoft transfer paper but had two very major issues. The first problem was that the paper stuck to the shirt after I pressed it. The next problem is that i washed the shirts a day later but they all faded like they were vintage. can anyone offer any helpful tips? If it helps I did follow the instructions that came with the paper.I pressed the shirts for 20 seconds after I set the heat press to 375 degrees. please help.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi Dev ,

It is most important for your printer paper setting to be on Best Photo Quality before printing your image on to the paper so the ink absorbs in to the polymer coating. The application should be :

Set heat press at 385-400 degrees with medium pressure.
Pre-heat garment for 3 seconds to remove moisture.
Place transfer face down and press for 20 seconds and peel hot immediately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Question... ProWorldEd and ProWorldLinda have given us two different temperatures, times and pressures. I have had the same issue as well with the fading. I use approximately a medium pressure at 385 for 15-20 seconds. I have a Brother MFC-J245 printer with an option for Transfer Paper at 600 DPI. There is minimal ink left on the transfer paper that I purchased with my 15x15 press from you all. I am also curious why I need to trim all of the paper away from the design. The video that you all have on the site says that the edges will go away after a wash, they don't so I trim as close as possible. Oh, I am using a 50/50 blend t-shirt as well.

Here is the only thing I have found to help with the fading..... Washing instructions: “Turn the garment inside out, wash in cold water with no bleach, on a gentle cycle. Remove the garment within a few minutes of the spin cycle finishing. Dry on high/cotton setting and remove as soon as possible, after drying, and shake out the shirt.”

Problem is, how many customers are going to actually do this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave Ray
ByFaithClothing.com

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had the same problem with the paper sticking to the shirts. I have sent samples to Proworld to be tested and it's been more than two months and I haven't gotten a reply. I bought several hundred dollars worth of this paper and haven't been able to use it yet. I have followed all instructions given and still no results.

·
Registered
6,874 Posts
Paulette/ I have sent you a PM requesting your email address and name so I can inestigate the reason why you did not receive a prompt response.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.