T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my first project with my Silhouette Cameo.

I applied the vinyl to an old window and hung it above my kitchen sink, where there's no window. I love the shadow it casts on the wall behind it, but wish I would have done a better job at positioning the type.

I am now having a rough time getting the Cameo to cut small type without it all gumming up and sticking to the blade casing. I've tried changing the blade and a different cutting mat.

Any feedback or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Reactions: djque

· Registered
825 Posts
Here is my first project with my Silhouette Cameo.

I applied the vinyl to an old window and hung it above my kitchen sink, where there's no window. I love the shadow it casts on the wall behind it, but wish I would have done a better job at positioning the type.

I am now having a rough time getting the Cameo to cut small type without it all gumming up and sticking to the blade casing. I've tried changing the blade and a different cutting mat.

Any feedback or thoughts are greatly appreciated.
Yea, you shouldn't be having that kind of problem with your vinyl. I cut on my Cameo, 7 days a week, and rarely have a problem. Now bear in mind all vinyl is not created equal. As a general rule, I set my Blade at 3, Speed 8, and Depth 10. I usually only have to adjust my Depth depending on what I am cutting. Everything else is usually ok as is. Good luck with your future endeavors.

CalhTech>

· Registered
28 Posts
When cutting vinyl you do not use the cutting mat, the citing may is only if cutting all the way through like paper, card stock. When cutting your vinyl it is possible to get the force and blade depth to the point that it cuts the vinyl perfect and doesn't even score the backing..... Great start and keep at it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.