T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if your , let say screenprinting a irish flag on a black shirt ( green white orange colors ) do you need 3 screens or 4 what i mean is if its 3 screens you would have the whole flag in white then you would flash-reapply then flash-then add additional colors ? or do you have 4 screens one being the white underlay (the whole flag) 2 would be a seperate white 3 would be the green 4 the orange - have a job coming up like this need input please

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
stupid question here folks-and i have alot of them-lets say you have a black or dark colored shirt-and your screen printing a 2 color job.
the logo is a white circle and inside the circle is " bob's pizza " one screen is the white circle and the second screen is bob's pizza in yellow ( any lighter color) will the circle be all white and just lay the yellow ink over it-and wouldn't it be to thick with 2 layers of white ( flash) then yellow-and wouldn't i have to double flash the white before laying the yellow-if so how long do i 2nd flash for...bla bla bla-even i want me to shut up-good luck understanding what i am trying to say

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Re: using white and other colors

Paul, first thing is there are no stupid questions! You don't know and want to. Printing on dark shirts 2 color, 1 white one yellow, print a white underlay for the yellow when you print the white, when you flash, the ink can't be dry just tacky then print you yellow and cure.
Hope it helps, John

·
Administrator
14,639 Posts
Yes, you would flash the 2nd layer the same amount of time you flashed the first. It being too thick would depend on the ink, but usually not. Just check out a dark shirt you might have in your closet that has white and another color. It would have been made the same way.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks john and joe - i attached i bad drawing of what i poorly tried to explain-see how there is a white circle and yellow writing-will the yellow lay right on top of the second flashed layer of white and if there was another color-lets say red-would i flash the yellow as well-and wouldn't that change the all around cure time

i think you guys answered the question the 1st time but...my screen name says it all

Attachments

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Paul if you have multi color design on a dark color shirt the underlay be it clear or white would be made for all the colors. Then flash until tacky not dry, then print wet on wet with spot colors.
John :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks john i wasn't positive i thought maybe i needed 3 screens 1 for the white underlay one for the yellow and one for the white that was visible i got it now thanks for your time john

1 - 10 of 10 Posts