T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan on having music on my website. Does anyone know what the legality of that is? Do I have to pay to have songs on my website played or do I have show info on the song's artist and title, etc?
Thanks
Tuan

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You need to embed a flash player, and provide links to music you own or have the rights to use.

im new so not sure on the website use.. google myflashfetish for a good player with instructions
Thanks for the reply.
So if I don't own the rights to the music, because I plan on using songs from CDs that I have, I will have to pay for playing it on my website?

·
Registered
82 Posts
You cannot legally use music you haven't licensed. Other than that, I can only give one very important bit of advice: make sure there is a PROMINENT mute button, because most people find sound on websites annoying. Especially if they don't like the same music you do.

R.

·
Premium Member
10,512 Posts
Yes, you will need to pay licensing fees.

As a user of the internet I'd also urge you not to do it at all, but that's your choice.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I would like to develop a music track that had an embedded and hidden sublime message urging people to buy, rather than browse. :) This being in much the same way that supermarkets play bland music to hypnotise its customers. How many of us get home and say "I don't remember buying that". :)

Seriously though, if you must have music, go for some gentle classical music, that is well past its copyright date.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Legally... no but are you going to have major repercussions if you get caught.. no, i do agree that music playing is typically annoying and it also takes more time to load a page which people also hate. i would put a flash player on your page and have it set for mute and if a person wants to listen to the music they can press play, just make sure you have the song listed

Americanbandit.wordpress.com

1 - 8 of 8 Posts