T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All!

I'm a new Mom of twin boys. I opened a Zazzle store while I was pregnant to have some of my own designs printed for myself and my husband (Wow, Crazy prices). I didn't even tell anybody about the store yet it's been quite successful just from being on Zazzle. However the profit margin is insignificant and I want to stay home with my children instead of returning to work. I've had some interest in my designs, and we've opened an online store that carries mom and baby products. I'd like to add my tshirts to the line. I've done some research and I think my most affordable option is going to be to get a heat press, blanks, and order heat transfers so I don't have to carry actual inventory and I only make the shirts in the sizes as ordered.

So I think these are my questions on what I'm needing... (feel free to answer unasked questions if you think it would be useful! :) Also, I'm located in Houston.

Heat Press: I want a 16 x 20. I could upgrade in a year or two but for now I need one that is going to be super affordable but still work well and hold up to a year or two of regular use. I don't mind used or refurbished if it is in good condition. (Already tried Craigslist) (I saw a 16x20 IllumaPress on HeatPressNation for $349 with 49 shipping? Is this any good?)

Heat Transfers: I will need my designs printed on professional plastisol transfers as inexpensively as possible while maintaining high quality. I will need for more dark shirts than light. No more than 2 -3 colors. Most often 2. I will also need low (to no) minimums. I've read the information on this forum but who do YOU recommend, and why?

Graphic Designer: I work well with Photoshop but I can't draw and I'm not too familiar with what it takes to make a design print ready. I have some additional designs in mind, but don't have the skill to make them. I need a good designer willing to work cheap. :)

Blanks: I'm looking for a variety of options to choose from with a very low (to no) minimum, high quality shirts. Not so high priority but I'd also like to find a vendor that offers baby onesies etc in colors instead of just in white.

Am I missing anything?

Thanks for your input!!!

·
Registered
5,478 Posts
Melanie you can get your blanks from Alpha/ Broder right here in Houston. The company is located in Stafford right off 59 south and the SH tollway.

Check with Pro-World for the heatpress.

If you have any questions just PM me. I am in Houston up in Kingwood.

I have done inkjet transfers, vinyl transfer, custom plastisol transfers, vinyl signage and graphics, logo design and screen printing.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I am an illustrator who has extensive knowledge and skills in design as well as photoshop, you can see some of my samples in my profile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts