T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When you do a multiple color print, I know you need to have a multi head screen printing unit. But when the colors are touching do you have to flash cure it? What does flash curing even mean?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Yes, if you're doing a multiple spot color print and the colors touch, you'll want to flash...to flash means you don't want to cure the ink, just gel it. (around 250 degrees) basically, you want it to be able to touch it without getting ink on your finger....but just that much.

On the other hand, if you're doing a multi color print that's a simulated process or process print, other than when you lay down the base white (you always want to flash the base) when doing the top colors you wouldn't flash, because they blend and create additional colors on press.

·
Registered
18 Posts
For better results on multiple coloured jobs, we flash every colour for about 5 seconds between each colour. Something to watch for ...make sure ur pallet is not too hot when laying down the second colour. Otherwise you might dry the ink on the screen & this will clog the screen.

·
Registered
71 Posts
if you are talking about white shirts, it is very rare that i would even turn on a flash no matter how many colors touching or not. the only reason i would flash on white would be in a long run to minimize ink pickup on other screens.

on a dark shirt after the underbase i try not to print more than3 colors between flashes. i also try to set up so no colors touch between flashes

·
Registered
80 Posts
Technically you don't have to flash between colors, but if your squeegees and screens are bad (dull squeegeess, screens too loose or poorly coated) and if your press doesn't hold registration very well from station to station, you will have to flash. I print multi-color jobs all day (up to 8 colors) without flashing, I only flash when there is an underbase on color shirts and I only flash once regardless of how many colors I'm printing after the flash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts