T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok Im new to flock transfers so this may sound like a silly question....

Ive attached an image of a multicolour flock design.

How do I achieve this? Is this done by printing on white flock and then cutting it out?
If so what kind of printer do I need to print on flock and is there any treatment needed after printing?

when people buy the plain flock colours, do they normally just use it to transfer one colours designs?? cos Im not sure how you can mix more than one colour in a flock design?

pls help.
Thanks.
rishi

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Vinyls (including flock) are not printed on. They are sent through a cutting plotter to cut the design. You then weed the parts you don't want, then heat press the vinyl on to the garment.

So for this design, you would use red flock vinyl, and black flock vinyl. Cut the portions of the desing you need from each, then press one color at a time.

Unlike with regular vinyl, with flocked vinyl, you cannot press one color on top of another, so make sure your design doesn't overlap.

You can press flocked on top of regular though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Vinyls (including flock) are not printed on. They are sent through a cutting plotter to cut the design. You then weed the parts you don't want, then heat press the vinyl on to the garment.

So for this design, you would use red flock vinyl, and black flock vinyl. Cut the portions of the desing you need from each, then press one color at a time.

Unlike with regular vinyl, with flocked vinyl, you cannot press one color on top of another, so make sure your design doesn't overlap.

You can press flocked on top of regular though.

perfectly answered...but it must take some skill to ensure the flock doesnt overlap....what is you were to make a really complicated design with over 8 colours? like the smirnoff logo for example?
ive seen flock with gradient (shaded colours)... hows that possible then?

are you sure you can print on flock? with a versacamm?

thanks for your help.
rish

·
Registered
181 Posts
The only way to print on flock is to use a transfer, its not that great
the lint from the material will damage the print head on a versacamm

·
Registered
298 Posts
They do make printable flock for solvent printers like versacam. check Chemica's website, they make the stuff. I dont know if you can get it directly from them or have to find a dealer???

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
we use sub-laflock from johnson plastics, we do sublimation printing onto the flock then cut out, great for short run on dark shirts, make sure to have a good pair of shears or exato knife. it will heat press to almost anything. good luck

·
Registered
298 Posts
we use sub-laflock from johnson plastics, we do sublimation printing onto the flock then cut out, great for short run on dark shirts, make sure to have a good pair of shears or exato knife. it will heat press to almost anything. good luck

I heard of that too...havent tried that stuff yet.

·
Premium Member
27,691 Posts
perfectly answered...but it must take some skill to ensure the flock doesnt overlap....what is you were to make a really complicated design with over 8 colours? like the smirnoff logo for example?
ive seen flock with gradient (shaded colours)... hows that possible then?

are you sure you can print on flock? with a versacamm?

thanks for your help.
rish
Also, some designs that are done with flock aren't transfers. They are the old school kind of flock that is done like a screen printing application.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Thanks for that info...I don't do sub, but I'm glad to learn that it can be done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts