T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a customer who inquired about a 3 color logo on 1,000 black polypropylene drawstring bags. She wants to order them herself and have me print on them.

I have never done a poly cinch bag before but 3 color sounds intimidating. I only have a 6 color press, no heat press. The website she got a quote from online said $1.17 per bag printed. Blank is 66 cents.

Can 3 colors be done well on these packs just by screen printing? Is 50 cents profit per bag even worth it? Im torn on this one and a little afraid to try it... any thought appreciated thanks everyone

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just make sure they're easy enough to replace. You should talk her into letting you order them to "guarantee" the work and so you can have a test print or two and a few extras just in case!

Sent from my LG-P659 using T-Shirt Forums

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
For 3 color I wouldn't touch this. It's not 50 cent profit per bag. You have ink, screen making, setup, cleanup. $500 profit for that many item is just not worth it especially on a manual. If I was running on auto it would take 2-2 1/2 hr plus the 1-2 hr for everything else. By the time you take out all your cost you would be around $50 an hr on a auto and about half or less then that on a manual. You have to decide is it worth messing with, what jobs you may have to pass if your press is tied up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.