T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am getting ready to offer mugs on my web site.
Most of my few designs are almost wrapping all around the mugs. For now I just want to paste the design on the mugs I already took pictures of, and then when I start receiving orders take pictures of the real things.
What do you normally do? just post the image without the mug itself, so customers can see the designs, or take the more complicated way of wrapping the images around the mugs? I am not very proficient with graphics software, but the thing is it is a lot of work, and I would have to have at least three pictures of each design to show the whole image.
And then probably I will have to have the complete image for the customer to see anyways..
Any opinions..ideas, suggestions, etc ..:)

Thank you all

· Registered
1,614 Posts
I've seen mug designs listed using just the rectangular design as it is before wrapping around the mug (of course...not mirrored..lol). This takes up less room as well. Of course, it is always nice to have at least one picture with one of the designs wrapped around the mug if you want to do just one and take the picture but I don't think you need to do all of them.

Just my opinion.....:)

· Registered
1,546 Posts
Hi. You can 'stretch' a mug with Photoshop to show the entire image in one take. Image goes on after the stretching.

Alternatively take photos of both sides of the mug, again with Photoshop 'drop' the images onto the mug.

I have used a photo of a mug with a blank piece of rectangular card by the side of it. You can then just 'drop' your image over the card.

Whichever method you choose, it needs to blend in with the general look of your site.

Hope this helps. :)

· Registered
928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys, I am looking for the software side solution for now, so I don't have to actually print mugs I still don't know if I am going to sell, without mentioning that the ink is veeeeeery expensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.