T-Shirt Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Somebody help im trying to print mugs , ive got all the right eqipment paper and mugs , i print the prints warm the mug heat at 180 c for 180 secs realky firm pressure but nothing cumming out on the mugs

·
Registered
4,651 Posts
Did the printer have regular ink in it to start with? Sublimation ink should look dull/weak on the paper compared to regular ink. May not have gotten all of the regular ink flushed out yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes we bought proper sublimation inks and have used the printer lots of times since changing inks and printed tshirts etc . There is absolutely nothing coming onto the mug and am wondering if i have been sent wrong mugs . It says they are sublimation mugs on delivery order . Just not transferring anything not even a very feint image

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
It sounds like you're not using the right time and temp for your setup. If you don't hit a minimum threshold for time and/or temperature, then nothing will transfer.

For example, we need 380F degrees for 4m30s to get a good transfer.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Thankyou ill try that tomorow , ive been doing 180c for 3mins
If you have an infrared thermometer (one of those laser heat gun things) you can verify if your press is reaching close to the right temperature.
That said, we've done damage control a handful of times for shops that received blanks that weren't coated for sublimation.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Thankyou ill try that tomorow , ive been doing 180c for 3mins
You should always get a visible print with those settings.

Assuming you're using proper sub inks and your heat press temperature is reading correctly then the only other conclusion is that your mugs don't have the necessary polymer coating for sublimation. Try some other supplier.

·
Registered
132 Posts
you might try putting one of the transfers on a 100% white poly shirt to see if that works. If it does, it's the mugs that are the problem, and if it doesn't, it's the ink or paper, yes?
I haven't done mugs in years, but I seem to recall 400°F for 4 minutes, a George Knight press.

Steve

·
Registered
15 Posts
It appears that you may not be getting a transfer because of when you begin the timing. The mug itself must reach 380 degrees F. before you start the time counter. I use a press that idles at 350 F. When I place the mug into the holder, the press begins to heat the mug. when the mug temperature reaches 380 F., the press begins the counter, which I have set for 210 seconds. This works well for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.