T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks in advance for any pros and cons of mug presses.
I was thinking of buying a Geo mug press til I read the review at dyesub.org

Any info from people who own this press would be most helpful.

Thanks

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
taurusndixie said:
Thanks in advance for any pros and cons of mug presses.
I was thinking of buying a Geo mug press til I read the review at dyesub.org

Any info from people who own this press would be most helpful.

Thanks
We use the DK3 purchased from Coastal Business Supplies (free shipping and best price we found) and it works pretty well. One thing about this press, the timer wires come loose very easily. We had to open the back and plug it back in. It has worked fine since then.

We wanted this press because the mug goes in sideways and can go either way as well as fit other cylindrical objects.

·
Registered
380 Posts
A mug press is a great tool if you do a lot of small orders, especially if you have a set-up where the customer is waiting. If you do not have customers waiting for their mugs, I would not spend my $ on a press. Instead I would purchase the mug wraps for $20-25 each. Many people use a small convection oven ($60) to bake the mugs. Depending on the model you can get up to six 11 oz. mugs in at a time.

I can also transfer a larger image area with the wraps than I could with a mug press.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I can vouch for the DK3 as well, very simple to use and produces great mugs. I agree with the previous comment about wiring though, I had to fit a new element to mine and when I took the back off the wires dropped out....needs careful attention.
Justin

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mug presses are high for something that does just one cup at a time. I am opening a store next week and need to get the equipment ordered. I bought a GE
" limited edition " convection oven. This seems bigger than other GE ovens and the Euro Pro. Probably be a waste of electricity to fire the oven for one cup, so I still would like a single mug press for when I don't have 5 mugs to do.

Thanks for the input. What setup do you use to produce your transfers ?

Thanks

·
Registered
9,301 Posts
I find the single mug press not a problem for orders of 100-200 mugs. We are spending the cook time printing the transfers, trimming them, prepping the mugs, or working on other orders. The time goes really fast.

taurusndixie said:
What setup do you use to produce your transfers ?

Thanks
We use the epson 1280 with the Sawgrass bulk delivery dye-sub kit. The blanks are from either NovaChrome or Coastal Business Supplies depending on the number of mugs we need in a single order. Coastal is cheaper with the free shipping once you get over 4 cases or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts