T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a used mug press. I don't have a printer yet to do this , so I was thinking . Where can I get some things to print Mugs and the transfer
Icould do the art work or even use a stock design . just want to see if I like
thanks
Larry

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I must be asking wrong, so I will start again
I need someone to print 1-5 sheets of my art work (simple logo) for printing mugs
I need 6 or so mugs
I have a new to me used mug press that I want to try before I spend the money on the new printer
Thanks
Larry
PS if this is the wrong place please move or tell me where to post

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that would work , or just the transfers
I think I might try the coating from e bay for the mugs
PM a price both ways shipped to 90650
Thanks

·
Registered
8,082 Posts
save your money on ebay coating...in 10 years of sublimation, I have yet to find a DIY coating that is commercially viable.

You might post your location as potential printers could not estimate shipping without that information. I am in San Francisco area and shipped 24 mugs to Washington state...ups ground and the cost of shipping was just about the cost of the mug...around $1.50 per mug

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 5 or 6 mugs - I'll verify quantity - I'll shoot them to you if you like. I also have some pre printed stuff (transfers) if you just want to test.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Inker Donna
I will be back in town (Norwalk ) Friday
I would love to get some Mugs and transfers from you send me a PM with your info and I will call you

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
still looking for a few mugs coated or not
I got the coating stuff from e bay , but can't find standard mug retail in southern ca.
I'm looking for 12 or so mugs to try any local ca. I can will call or close so shipping isn't too much
thanks Larry

·
Registered
479 Posts
you can buy coated mugs from Johnson Plastics in Dallas or Conde in Alabama and they might even sent you a sample transfer to heat press on the mug so you can compare it to youe e bay coating. Just a suggestion.
PM me if you just want a few sub transfers for mugs made

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
you can buy coated mugs from Johnson Plastics in Dallas or Conde in Alabama and they might even sent you a sample transfer to heat press on the mug so you can compare it to youe e bay coating. Just a suggestion.
PM me if you just want a few sub transfers for mugs made
Thanks I have a few transfers to try just need some mugs right now
maybe in th future I will need some , I will keep your name

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm still looking for mugs , I can't believe this is so hard to find someone withj a few mugs . I looked at K mart and other stores and no standard mugs any more . even on e bay they are too much $10 for 6 mugs but then the shipping is $13 . I just need 12 or so don't need a case at $50 and shipping at another $50 . I'm new and the press is new to me so until I learn how to do this I just want to start out cheap

·
Registered
434 Posts
That is certainly cheap enough for mugs, even though you have no idea what the quality is like. Mugs aren't cheap to ship. They're probably making about $5 on the shipping. The mugs I use are from Thailand, which are very good mugs. With shipping, they cost me about $1.85 each, and that is if I order a pretty good quantity. Shipping 12 of them to you would probably cost at least another $1 a piece. Just to break even, I'd need around $36 to send out 12 mugs, and this doesn't include insurance. If you pay with Paypal, there is another $1.50. We're to about $40 now for 12 mugs. If I wanted to make $5 to box them up and drive them to the post office, I'd need $45. This isn't much difference than what you find on Ebay.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, i know this is not a direct response to the above but im pulling my hair out as to why my mug press is not working. We have a Epson 1400, mug press, sublimation ink and paper but when i print and try and sublimate to the 11oz mug it hardly prints on the mug at all and the image is really faint and rubbish.
Could it be that the ink has not filtered through the printer yet? Are the mugs just rubbish?

I just do not have any answers and would appreciate someones help who may have gone through this problem themselves.

Thanks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts