T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all:

I purchased the machine below several years ago. The information on the back of my machine differs from what is listed in the photo. I guess that's the "upgraded" part.

Mine says:

POWER: 1000W (+/-5%) (MAX)
VOLTAGE: 110V/220V 50/60HZ
Model with leakage protector

Does anyone know if there are additional mug press attachments that will work with this model? In particular, I'm looking for one that will fit 15oz mugs or about 3.5" diameter. My current attachment has a 4-prong female connector that connects to it if that helps.

Thank you for any help.
Chris

Office equipment Gas Engineering Microscope Font

ZENY Upgraded Professional Digital Tshirt Heat Press Machine 5 in 1 Swing Away Multifunctional Sublimation Heat Transfer Printer Machine,12 x 15 Inch,5 pcs.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Diameter might not be the limiting factor, as further down in the Amazon listing it says:

"Mug Press 3"-3.5" diameter (11oz) "

And in the photo it appears to have an adjustment knob. On my DK3 the difference between 11oz and 15oz mugs is two full turns of the adjustment. That said, the issue may be the length of the heating element. My DK3 is 5", while the printable height of my 15oz mugs are 4.25".

Also from the Amazon listing:

" Will this press 15oz mugs or just 11oz?

I've pressed both 15 and 11oz mugs, you just have to adjust the tension on the press
By Cara Saam on March 14, 2021

It does not fit a 15oz mug
By Gerard Presta on January 22, 2020

This set will press both mugs.
By Dee Dee Green on February 1, 2019 "

Instructions are often unclear, and/or inaccurate, for China presses, so I would believe the person who says they have done it over the vague description that lists both 11 and 15oz diameters but only mentions 11oz mugs.

If you do not have the mug attachment, I doubt they sell them separately from the press package. However, they do sell a stand-alone version of the mug press. Looks like it is currently $70-something:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diameter might not be the limiting factor, as further down in the Amazon listing it says:

"Mug Press 3"-3.5" diameter (11oz) "

And in the photo it appears to have an adjustment knob. On my DK3 the difference between 11oz and 15oz mugs is two full turns of the adjustment. That said, the issue may be the length of the heating element. My DK3 is 5", while the printable height of my 15oz mugs are 4.25".

Also from the Amazon listing:

" Will this press 15oz mugs or just 11oz?

I've pressed both 15 and 11oz mugs, you just have to adjust the tension on the press
By Cara Saam on March 14, 2021

It does not fit a 15oz mug
By Gerard Presta on January 22, 2020

This set will press both mugs.
By Dee Dee Green on February 1, 2019 "

Instructions are often unclear, and/or inaccurate, for China presses, so I would believe the person who says they have done it over the vague description that lists both 11 and 15oz diameters but only mentions 11oz mugs.

If you do not have the mug attachment, I doubt they sell them separately from the press package. However, they do sell a stand-alone version of the mug press. Looks like it is currently $70-something:

NoXid:

Thanks so much for all your helpful information.

I did try fitting the mug in the first time with the knob all the way "open." Here's where things went wrong, though. I read that someone had put three sheets of butcher paper around the mug to keep the ink from bleeding onto the heating surface of the press. Knowing that the mug WILL fit beautifully without the extra paper, I will not do that again. But that leads me to another question. When heating, do I need to put something around the outside of the mug so the ink won't bleed onto the heating surface? I do have teflon sheets that I could cut down to size if that would work.

Thank you again for all your help!
Chris

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
NoXid:

I did try fitting the mug in the first time with the knob all the way "open." Here's where things went wrong, though. I read that someone had put three sheets of butcher paper around the mug to keep the ink from bleeding onto the heating surface of the press. Knowing that the mug WILL fit beautifully without the extra paper, I will not do that again. But that leads me to another question. When heating, do I need to put something around the outside of the mug so the ink won't bleed onto the heating surface? I do have teflon sheets that I could cut down to size if that would work.

Chris
I used blowout paper to start with, just a single layer of copier paper. But I quit doing that after I noticed that the ink never bled through to the back of the paper. My mug sublimation paper is Neenah Coldenhove Jetcool DHS. I'm not sure if it is the thickness of that paper or it's coating or both, but it does not bleed through.

The paper I use for shirts does bleed through, so I use a single piece of butcher paper over that. Teflon would work fine, just need to clean it off now and then.

·
Registered
240 Posts
The DHS is very thick paper even though it is "only" 120 gsm. I could stack 2 or 3 sheets of the Epson paper to equal the same thickness. My Epson paper always blows through. A recent test of a glass ornament (pressing for 9 minutes) , it blew past 1 sheet of copier paper. Oddly, only the blue component did though.

This reminds me to setup the printer for the DHS mug papers.

·
Registered
240 Posts
NoXid:

Chris
Only 1 sheet of copier paper would be needed.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hello all:

I purchased the machine below several years ago. The information on the back of my machine differs from what is listed in the photo. I guess that's the "upgraded" part.

Mine says:

POWER: 1000W (+/-5%) (MAX)
VOLTAGE: 110V/220V 50/60HZ
Model with leakage protector

Does anyone know if there are additional mug press attachments that will work with this model? In particular, I'm looking for one that will fit 15oz mugs or about 3.5" diameter. My current attachment has a 4-prong female connector that connects to it if that helps.

Thank you for any help.
Chris

View attachment 274402

ZENY Upgraded Professional Digital Tshirt Heat Press Machine 5 in 1 Swing Away Multifunctional Sublimation Heat Transfer Printer Machine,12 x 15 Inch,5 pcs.
I have a similar one and the 15oz mugs from Coastal fit perfectly and when fully open, I can fit my pinky finger in the side.

This is with the 3-3.g inch element.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a similar one and the 15oz mugs from Coastal fit perfectly and when fully open, I can fit my pinky finger in the side.

This is with the 3-3.g inch element.
JazzBlueRT:

Thanks so much for all your help. Tried it again and it worked perfectly... well except for the crappy print I got on the mug. Lots more practice coming my way!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.