T-Shirt Forums banner

21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
One thing I just realized from a member of this forum who attended the Atlantic City show is that you can get the Neo at a show with Viper pretreater for 20K. That's pretty awesome and makes me excited for what will come next year since I had to postpone my purchase of any machine until next year ...apparently getting married and buying a house is supposed to be more important than new equipment.

·
Registered
355 Posts
One thing I just realized from a member of this forum who attended the Atlantic City show is that you can get the Neo at a show with Viper pretreater for 20K. That's pretty awesome and makes me excited for what will come next year since I had to postpone my purchase of any machine until next year ...apparently getting married and buying a house is supposed to be more important than new equipment.
Postpone marriage and house purchase, buy new equipment, make more money, have a bigger wedding, and larger house. Win Win situation I'd say.

J/K congrats!

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I wish this post is posted in NeoFlex too :) lol
Anajet has own pro and con, also the NeoFlex. Beauty is in eyes of the beholder. Goode luck!
Cheers! Beers are on me always.

·
Registered
718 Posts
I witnessed the Mpower face to face and was definitely intrigue by its speed and quality at that speed for sure. NICE unit. My concern was 2 factors to consider

1. Why does its seem when a company feel strong about a product its almost seems over priced. Kinda like an iPad. I'm a Apple fan but my Asus Transformer was cheaper and does circles around the iPads but i still can't shake the urge to want one.

2. Anajet's reputation is tarnished in my view. I remember being blatantly being lied to about the most basic things when they were promoting their first printer.

This will always make me a skeptic. Then you have the kornit people who over engineer to the point you have to have an iron heart to deal with the machine lol. JMHO Top of the mourning to yah!!!!

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Angel, I hope you had nice St. Patrick's day. I said that all day long to all who wore green yesterday "top of morning to you". I wear Eagles green yesterday. Golf club, driving center city parade and at the breakfast, it was fun and many beers which is my favorite part.
What is your definition of quality you mentioned? I thought Irish is tuff and straight. :)one of my favorite race.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
I am curious if the Ricoh print heads are a sure thing. I have a Rich 7000 for sublimation and print heads blew from clogging, in only owning less than year and half. Now they say you leave it on all the time so that won't happen although I did have it on most of the time. I know sublimation inks are different but we are still talking about Richoh heads being better than Epson. Can anyone explain that/can it be different for DTG?
Thank you for you become Neofamily at AC show. Remember I was your second husband? lol :D My regards to the First!!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Hi Second Husband!,
I sent you a post the week we got back-where the pictures you posted from the Atlantic City show, but have not seen where you saw it.
Great to hear from you and we are excited to get our new Neo.
I do have a question for you as I wish I had looked at the costs of the prints, I usually do, your tech told me it calculated it, but I never actually looked at the cost for the prints I watched you print. I have no idea what a design costs, like the Coke bottles with the girl on it you made for us (my son loved it and got many compliments at school on it). Do you all have a spreadsheet or something on that?

·
Registered
355 Posts
The ink cost is very dependent on the image, especially with our system. since the white layer is dynamically created to use only the minimum amount of ink necessary to achieve a set color it varies drastically. The coke image you have is anywhere to $2.80-$3.00 do to the heavy coverage of white. Most images you will have less coverage and will cost betwen $1 and $2 dollars for darks.

Since the white layer is created when you rip an image there is no real chart we can give you for coverage. You can be assured however that the cost will be the cheapest possible without sacrificing color density or vibrancy.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I knew the costs did depend on the designs, but I have a customer who is already comparing me to a silk screener costs, which I know I can't touch their prices. If a design say is $2 in ink costs would the retail be $4 to the customer?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I think you should consider more than just marketing up the ink cost. You have to look at the number of shirts you can realistically print an hour (one off vs. longer runs), the realistic number of shirts you are going to get orders for, your total investment into dtg printing (i.e. cost of the dtg printer, pretreater, ancillary equipment,...), all your other costs (i.e. ink costs, garment cost, rent,...) and what your desired return on investment is? Once you have the answers to these questions, then you will have the knowledge to establish pricing.

I suggest to dtg printers to reevaluate their pricing 1-2 times a year to make sure that your answers to the questions above are the same or if they have changed, you are aware of how that effects your pricing.

Just my opinion. Best wishes,

Mark

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
I would add some markup, but not worry about doubling the cost of ink. I would charge for time(60-80 per hr?) and divide that by the amount of shirts that can be produced. Definitely mark up the t-shirt. If competing with screener, you have to upsell the fact that this is 4 color process, no screen charges, no seps and yes you can do only one if needed or fit a smaller version on the boss's grandkids toddler shirt for no additional charge. There is a point where all those other costs zero out and are cheaper with screen. Just like the screener can't be cheaper with 4 color process on 25 shirts, you cannot be cheaper on single color imprints.

·
Registered
7,359 Posts
Hi Second Husband!,
I sent you a post the week we got back-where the pictures you posted from the Atlantic City show, but have not seen where you saw it.
Great to hear from you and we are excited to get our new Neo.
I do have a question for you as I wish I had looked at the costs of the prints, I usually do, your tech told me it calculated it, but I never actually looked at the cost for the prints I watched you print. I have no idea what a design costs, like the Coke bottles with the girl on it you made for us (my son loved it and got many compliments at school on it). Do you all have a spreadsheet or something on that?
LMAO, you are not changed. Tons of humor and jokes.
1. When you miss me sometimes visit my photo collections.
Pictures by mp19134 - Photobucket
2. You should be excite about you will be a NeoFamily with two husbands. I won't disappoint you.
3. ink cost: once we close computer we lost size we printed at show.
4. I am so happy that my stepson loved 2nd father's gift.
5. Your success is our success!

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Not a problem. Pricing and pretreating are the two most underrated areas for people getting into dtg printing. Sometimes I wish there was a magic formula, but there is not.

Here is my best advice. Take a hard look at the questions above and create your first round of pricing. For the first two months keep a log of the number of shirts you print, the square inches of the artwork, total amount ink used (not from the RIP, but actual from the bottles or cartridges used - weigh the cartridges before you start printing and when you are done to get actual ink used), the time it took to print the jobs and what revenues were generated. Then reevaluate your pricing. Make changes if necessary.

Good luck,

Mark

21 - 40 of 50 Posts