T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a DTG printer, but am currently torn between the Neoflex and the Anajet mPower series...

Researched both extensively and seem like both have their advantages and disadvantages.

mPower: Simple, reliable, durable ricoh anti-clog print head, speed, ink recycling system, more portable and the customer service reputation of Anajet.

Neoflex: Versatility, Sharper clearer images on black(supposedly), larger print area, multiple shirt tray with the head moving over the trays instead of the opposite(tray moving).

Just having a difficult time choosing. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
In the market for a DTG printer, but am currently torn between the Neoflex and the Anajet mPower series...

Researched both extensively and seem like both have their advantages and disadvantages.

mPower: Simple, reliable, durable ricoh anti-clog print head, speed, ink recycling system, more portable and the customer service reputation of Anajet.

Neoflex: Versatility, Sharper clearer images on black(supposedly), larger print area, multiple shirt tray with the head moving over the trays instead of the opposite(tray moving).

Just having a difficult time choosing. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance...
Chris, To truly evaluate both printers, I would send a file of your creation to have them printed. I would also go to a trade show and see the same image, printed at the same resolution setting. The epson heads are the current standard for the less expensive machines, but when it comes down to it they are pretty much the same speed for the same amount of ink printed. The neoRIP is an excellent example of how the software makes the grade in this application. It's quite impressive. With what I saw at the ISS in long beach the RIP that comes with Mpower did an great job on a test print I had and printed at a rate that would double if not triple the output of the same size imprint. You need to take your time to check both printers to see what will work for your business model. Also, there are several other new printers out there that are "new generation" that you need to consider.

Reactions: thedigiguy

·
Registered
583 Posts
I agree with Z. See them in action at a trade show and provide one of your own files as a sample. But whichever you choose, the main ingredient in producing quality prints is YOU. You must achieve mastery of the printer as there is a learning curve with each one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Also, there are several other new printers out there that are "new generation" that you need to consider.
What are some of the new generation printers you mention? I'm about to pull the trigger on an mPower but now you've shaken my confidence. What machine do you run, if you don't mind my asking?
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Funny Chris, I am in the same exact position. I have been researching DTG printers and learning a whole lot about them over the last 5 months or so. I am currently between a Neoflex and an Anajet Mpower. Although, I received samples of white and black printed shirts from both companies and I must say Neoflex is much better quality on black.. even the white shirt print of the Neo is more vibrant. Anajet's mpower prints on black almost take on a heat transfer type of look because the ink has a sort of sheen to it. I am not a fan of the way it looks for a 25K machine. Neoflex's print on black looks higher resolution and the ink looks much more "set in", let's say, to the shirt... more similar to water based screen prints. When showing my fiance (who knows nothing about this industry) the two shirts side by side, said "hands down the shirt with the samurai (Neoflex print) over the transformer (Mpower print)" That just gives me the idea of what a customers initial opinion of their product choice between the two would be.
So you have to weigh the options. Deal with an epson based print head and more maintenance/higher ink waste costs but achieve better looking prints? Or chose easy maintenance and low ink waste but deal with a print quality that could be better? For me the answer might be Neoflex.
Ahhh, If only the neoflex had the capability of ink waste retrieval and no head clogs like the mpower seems to claim! My worry with a Neo is that I will not have enough business at the start of owning it and that ink waste costs from cleanings will cause me major headaches.
Either way I am going to try to get to either the Atlantic City or Ohio ISS show to see these things in action. Good luck with your choice Chris and best of luck in this industry also!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Having spoken with both companies and seen both machines in action at ISS Long Beach, the decision is indeed difficult. Both machines seem to have their pros and cons. One major difference that I personally know of is customer service with Neoflex, and lack of customer service with Anajet. When a company does not return your calls when you wish to purchase one of their machines, what makes you think they will respond if you actually GET one and require help with it? This is just my perspective...

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
What are some of the new generation printers you mention? I'm about to pull the trigger on an mPower but now you've shaken my confidence. What machine do you run, if you don't mind my asking?
Thanks!
KLwalsh611,

I have the older Anajet going on 5 years. I'm very happy with the machine and the service, so that's plus. New machines... I saw the M-series by DTG america, Aeoon, and the Brother Graphiti. All had pros and cons and not all really showed their ultimate (in my opinion) at the ISS show in Long Beach.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Best way is to send them your design have them print one dark and one on white with your design. Put them in the washer. After a couple of times ware them in between washes at end of a couple weeks see what holds up the best(make sure you mark the tage to remember who did what). We recieved a couple at last years show in alantic city none of them held up. But it wasn't either of these manufactures.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Just to clear up my previous post, I spoke with a guy at anajet today who said that they have had some bad samples go out recently and the reason for the shiny crappy look to the black shirt print was that their guys have swtiched in the last week to teflon paper for curing instead of parchment paper. He says that he is going to fix the issue and is printing a graphic of my own for me and sending out a new sample. He said the mpower can achieve same print quality as neoflex. I will update when I receive the new sample

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am curious if the Ricoh print heads are a sure thing. I have a Rich 7000 for sublimation and print heads blew from clogging, in only owning less than year and half. Now they say you leave it on all the time so that won't happen although I did have it on most of the time. I know sublimation inks are different but we are still talking about Richoh heads being better than Epson. Can anyone explain that/can it be different for DTG?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Both machines are good, I've never heard of a print head never to clog, white ink has pigment and is reason for clogging. I know though hands down has a better print, to get exact comparison use same image on both and send being them a shirt to print on, better quality shirts have a better print. Also neoflex tech support is the best out there, I personally know because the owner gave me there numbers to call at 9 pm and they answered and helped me out when they weren't working to fix something to finish an order.
Also what do you want more output, cheaper not as good print or bight quality print, customer satisfied with amazement great service an easy.

Also remember about drying time, if shirts are being printed faster than they can dry, you will have to stop production after a few since you can pile up, many times on neo as soon as one is done. The previous one just finished drying so it's a continuation. And if drying is quicker than print, during down time I fold them bag them box them, even pretreat sometimes.

Good luck on your choice

·
Registered
117 Posts
Also remember about drying time, if shirts are being printed faster than they can dry, you will have to stop production after a few since you can pile up, many times on neo as soon as one is done. The previous one just finished drying so it's a continuation. And if drying is quicker than print, during down time I fold them bag them box them, even pretreat sometimes.
I really do not understand people's argument here. If you buy a production machine you must also be prepared to buy the drying equipment capable of keeping up. This is like saying that if you have a manual screen press there is no point in upgrading to an automatic, because you can't cure all of the shirts coming off the automatic with your 24" drier. When I upgraded to my automatic I also upgraded to a much larger drier in order to keep up. The same thing should be said here. I have three presses for pretreat and curing in order to keep up with my MP10. I get good quality and around 50 darks an hour. glupo I am not singling you out here. I have just seen a lot of people say this same thing...

·
Registered
303 Posts
I have been and seen both in action this past week or so, the Neo was in barcelona an dthe MP10 in UK, gotta say I was sold on the NEO until I seen the MP10 in action. FAST, yes i see a lot of posts emphasising quality and yes, it is important but this was good too and really are we gonna aim to get get photo quality on a tshirt, no. Also it is a trade off between production time and quality. We all know the order for 300 darks needed tomorrow is gonna drop on us at 3pm and I think 600 dpi for the speed is a good trade off.

John

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
That is a good point, unfortunately I am a one man show so 3 presses might be overboard. If your Capable of having 3 and maybe another helper you could do it. Than u need to calculate extra cost and space . The. Neo actually does photo quality prints, just need to do it on a nuce combed cotton tee. I don't know how much the mp10 is, because that's a factor. It might be double the neo, I don't know but I think it is, than u could buy two neo and have two different jobs printing with better quality. Food for thought.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got the tradeshow discount, so I know my printer was nowhere near double the cost of the Neoflex. Everything I have seen points to the Neoflex being an awesome machine. Also, I do believe Peter's customer service is by far the best. At the same time Anajet's customer service has been more than acceptable. As I stated in another post out of all the equipment I own Anajet has been the best in terms of customer service.

To be honest when comparing these you are really comparing three printers. The only fair comparison would be the MP5 vs. Neoflex. They are closer in price and closer in prints per hour. That leaves us with quality, customer service, and maintenance. I believe the quality is good on the mPower, but everything I have read and seen shows it being excellent on the Neoflex. I am going to say my experience with customer service at Anajet has been great. However, I have seen Peter give out his personal cell phone on these boards, so that is going to be tough to beat. I live in a very dry climate, and the mPower's heads hold up a lot better than the Epson based printer I had in the past. The mPower requires very little maintenance. I spend about 10 minutes a week with upkeep. My Epson based machine required constant maintenance. Neoflex owners will have to chime in on maintenance and preventing heads from clogging though.

Until the 4900 is cracked I do not think Neoflex really has anything that compares to the MP10. The MP10 is more expensive, but it is also around twice as fast. It is kind of an apples to oranges comparison at this point. I run a production shop, so I do not have the luxury of retail pricing. I needed something that could knock out 50-100 shirts at a time with good quality quickly. Like John said I have the customer that needs 300 darks yesterday. On the MP10 I can provide this.

This is just my thinking. I really do think both companies are great. I also think both machines are great. I do not really think you can go wrong with either machine. A lot of it just comes down to selecting the machine that is going to fit your business best.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well guys, I settled on the mPower. Efficency, speed and reliability won out. Plus... The only competition in a 300-500 mile radius uses a Brothers 5-series, so it"s not like I have a shop using a Neoflex to compete with locally. I fly out to Cali for training the 16th... So wish me luck and I'll post again once my printer arrives and let y'all know how things are going. Thx for the responses and good luck to all...

·
Registered
245 Posts
We looked for over a year looking at DTG printers. We had it narrowed down to the NeoFlex machine. Then the Anajet M10 came out and we took a long hard look at it and compared it to the NeoFlex machine. We like the anti-clogged head and it had a smaller foot print then the NeoFlex machine did. We finally bought an Anajet M10 and have had it for a month now. We love it. We are still working on getting the pretreatment down pat and adjusting the colors saturation so the images come out great.
Would I buy the Anajet M10 again if I could do it over? Yes, I would. It does all they said it would.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
i had the luxury of going to the ISS show in atlantic city and was able to check the mp10 out in person it looked pretty cool, he told me it was 35k show special, which i know neo was 18k show special not including new viper pretreat machine which than they dropped neo to 16K. Anajet did print fast i was getting impressed until a customer came up telling me he is asking for his money back after 3 weeks of MP10 because he had a lot of problems with head clogging and losing color in middle of a print. Now i don't know how he maintained it, or if did someting wrong, they just told me that they were told they only had to do maintenance once a week on the wiper blade and other parts. But said if they didnt do every day they had problems. Once again i didnt see them in production so don't know if they caused the problem or the machine.

Good luck with your machine and hope you make lots of clients and money with it.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Had our MP 10 delivered last week, good quality and fast. Trouble is...need 3 heat presses to keep up LOL ! but plus side is got asked for 250 darks on Monday afternoon, for Tuesday morning. Done without a hitch

John

1 - 20 of 50 Posts