T-Shirt Forums banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Is there anyone out there that has the MP5 that can tell me what the first letter of their serial number is? We were told be purchased a NEW machine but had tec support come to us for repairs on this machine that has never worked right. He made the statement that our machine was Refurbished because of the "R" in the serial number. I just want to see if this is the case with our machine. Please help. Thanks

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
It is R followed by four numbers and a lot of people at anajet do not know what they are talking about or will lie to you. That is nothing new!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well this was actually an engineer for anajet.....He said "Your the ones with the refurbished machine right"....I said uh NO it better not be. He then replied oh oh ok well usually R mean refurbished. Tell me that isn't fishy.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Well this was actually an engineer for anajet.....He said "Your the ones with the refurbished machine right"....I said uh NO it better not be. He then replied oh oh ok well usually R mean refurbished. Tell me that isn't fishy.
I doubt that is was an actual engineer. And the R for the serial does not mean refurbish I have one of the first 50 released and my serial starts with a R. I would love to know what the persons name that told you that crap.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Hey fate I was thinking. I did a test one day. With the wiper blade adjustment. I notice that if the wiper was too low I would get ink dripping. As I raised the wiper blade the dripping stopped so as I raised it higher I notice I got light banding. As I raised it even higher the banding got bigger. So I lowered the wiper until I had no dripping and no banding. And haven't had issues since. Every time I change out the blade I check the height again.

One thing you said was that your MS was getting stuck not raising and you fixed it. Did I read wrong I thought you said the rings had chunks missing. If that's the case your print heads are not getting good enough suction for your inks.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello All,

New to this forum but I have a feeling we will be getting to know each other really well. We purchased a MP-5 back in October 2011. Didn't actually receive delivery until Feb 2012. Since then we have had the print heads replaced, maintenance station replaced, dampers replaced, valves replaced and we still have issues. For a machine that costs this much it is very sensitive. I think there is something wrong that.

Currently I am having banding issues with my yellow. We have been on the phone with Tech Support and some of those guys are really good (Gabe/ Osvaldo/ Robert). Helpful and usually are able to fix the issue. But we are trying to avoid sending the machine in again for print head issues. We have done the soaking of the print heads, unclogging the heads with alcohol saturated lint free wipes and cleaning this thing like crazy. We are in the process of finishing that up today and hopefully we get good prints after that.

The serial number for our machine starts with an "R" and supposedly we were one of the first 50 to be shipped.

Hopefully this helps and will keep you posted on whats happening. Thanks

·
Registered
5 Posts
i heard about the new upgrades and they help some what... you should send it back because there warranty replace the printheads just like new... that's a good thing about anajet:D

·
Registered
12 Posts
I previously owned both an MP5 and MP10 - Let's just say, not pleased. Anyhow, I have taken the tech training course. Sounds like you are not maintaining flow pressure. Air is getting in somewhere. Couple of things to check.
release the print head - turn on pumps and pour water in the little cups of the maintenance station and see if they are draining evenly. If not, there is dried ink in the drain line. All 3 cups need to drain evenly so you know your getting a even draw. This is where your pressure is created. 2) when you send your print head home to engage with the maintenance station, make sure it returns all the way home and the maintenance station secures raises and secures itself to make solid contact with the print head. This is where the vacuum draw a little pressure from the pumps every time it comes home.
This is most problematic area in regards to your problem.
>
Ok, next - get a bottle of regular alcohol and mix 50/50 with water. get a lint free wipe and soak it with the 50/50 mix - Release the print head and hold straight up against the print head, do not wipe, just straight up light pressure. The 50/50 mix will break down any dried in near the face of the print heads. hold for about 2 min. max.
>
Dampers - if they are not imploding (expanding) on the white ones only then they are fine. The color ones are just reservoirs with a filter in it. (oval shape in the middle).
>
Check valves (white only) - buy 4 of them - every two weeks you can either take them off and wash them or do a quick change and toss the old ones. These get dirty often. Just about never have to change the color ones being they are a direct feed w no circulation.
>
Keep your maintenance station / wiper blade and print head clean at ALL TIMES. end of the day cleaning.
>
My opinion........ I think its your maintenance station that needs replacing. I don't think your getting a good seal between the rubber o rings and the print heads. (happens all the time) but I'm not there to diagnose it. If your in so cal. you can call me. maybe I can stop by.
Good luck!

·
Registered
105 Posts
image1EC

Seeing you have extensive experience with both mPowers, would a faulty mP5i maintenance station cause the magenta AND yellow to drop out and not come back more than 60% after all of the things you suggested?

·
Registered
12 Posts
yes it could. Really the bottom line on these MP series is that air getting into the circulation system causes the failures and the maintenance stations by anajet are not made well causes most of the problems I've run into.
If you know how to get into the tech menu, you can release the print head, move it to the center. Turn on the pumps and run water into the station and see if it's draining evenly because under the plate they all are connected. if there is any debris you will have uneven drain which is your pressure and the problems begin.
Some times the maintenance station does not secure up against the print head properly thus causing air to seem in. And the rubber rings on the station corrode easily causing air to get in. Totally sucks but it is the reality and nature of the Anajet.

Good luck

61 - 75 of 75 Posts