T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting banding after one print. I can get a good nozzle check after a few head cleanings but after one print 30% of the nozzles are bad when I do another nozzle check. I would call tech support but every time I call its a 20-40 min wait and then they tell me they will call me back and they never do. Any help will be great.

· Registered
178 Posts
When the last time you did a good cleaning. Sounds like you have a clogged print head. I would do a cleaning and clean the bottom of the print head. Then I would fill the print lines for 60 sec and purge the lines 60 sec. Then follow up with a level 3 head Clean and nozzle check. If still banding keep do a level one clean on each color until you get a clean print. One time after I havnt used it for a week it happen to me took about a hour to get it back up and running.

· Registered
283 Posts
Here's some things to check:
Is your wiper blade working? (do a level 1 clean, you should see the wiper move under the printhead)
If its not, just give it a helping hand and it should free itup
Are drops forming on your printhead?
If so, use lint free wipe and some rubbing alchohol and hold the wipe under the printhead to draw ink out. Then wipe with a dry lint free wipe.

Let me know how you get on. We had the same issue and this has mostly fixed it.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have clean the crap put of it. I leave the top open most of the time just so I can clean the maintenance station while its printing. I wiper is good and clean and working. The humidity is at 60% after every print I have to do a level 1 cleaning just to get good nozzle checks.

· Registered
1,954 Posts
Getting a good nozzle check then banding after one print in my shop would mean one of 2 things. Humidity is too low for the location or dampers are clogged. You say 60%, where are you measuring that?

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wipe them twice the first time I hope it there the second time I wipe from back to front. I measure the humidity right next to the printer. It shows the high and low humidity for the day and the temp.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
well I took one damper out and flushed it out and it did not help at all. This sucks! I have tried even thing I know. I have owned my versacamm for 6 years and I have never had a problem with that printer I have owned the mpower a few months and nothing but problems.

· Registered
283 Posts
Just talked to our MPower expert in our shop and he said he put the wipe under the head and moved the printhead over so the wipe was held on the printhead for around 5mins, perfect nozzle checks after that. Will be able to tell in the morning if its just delayed the problem or if it actually removed clogged nozzles.

Agreed about your other printer, we run a print shop and have many other printers that have not had anywhere near the issues the MP5 has. Having said that, its new technology being used for a very difficult substrate with many variables involved...

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
LOL called tech support got a trainee that did not know nothing and said he would have some one call me back. But I have been through that before. I had the table control board go out and I had to call 3 tiems in one day to get it fix the first call was when they opened the guy did know nothing and was going to have some one call me in a few minutes well 2 hours go by nothing call again same thing wait another 2 hours no call. The third time a guy had me unplug and replug in ever board on the printer instead of just asking me if the boards green light was on. I need to find a direct # to some one at anajet that knows what they are doing!!!

· Registered
7 Posts
I am truly sorry you are frustrated, I have been there before with my anajet.Anajet at Red Hill has gone downhill. Tech supports are robots and no help at all. If you are concerning buying an Anajet don’t buy. If you have an Anajet modify it, don’t buy any inks or parts from them. They are the most dishonest company I have ever done business with. There are honest companies that sell inks, dampers, print head, tubing, and wiper blades search them out on the internet and dump Anajet inks, parts and most of all tech support.

· Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well Anajet tech support is now closed and they failed to call me back. I am really getting pissed off at anajet. I now have to wait intill Monday and waste my time and be put on hold for God knows how long. I have done more print head cleanings than shirts printed. If I do not get this fixed next week I will be asking getting my money back!

· Registered
7 Posts
I was on hold with anajet for 25 minutes today and when I finally got to talk to robert he had a smug attitude and repeated his training manual and there was laughter in the background his co-workers I assume. It was very unprofessional, try to get your money back.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.