T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have issues with their motherboard failing?

Within a couple of months of buying our " Professional" cutter, the cutting head started slamming into the side of our unit. Then it started cutting erratically.

We called customer service and GCC sent a new motherboard and a couple of other parts which corrected this odd behavior. Now 1.5 years later it is doing the EXACT same thing. The problem is GCC now says it is out of warranty and they will not cover anything.

Any thoughts other than their after sales support is sketchy? Any recommendations on a true professional unit that will last more than a year and a half?

· Registered
1 Posts
My GCC jaguar V is doing the same thing. It has done this in the past and I cleared the data and it would work fine, now the cutting head just takes off to the left when I size media. Also before this it would every once in a while it would just cut a line through my vinyl. But now its to the point I can't get it to size media it just beats its self against the left side. Have you found a fix for yours any help would be very appreciated. Thanks

Anybody else have issues with their motherboard failing?

Within a couple of months of buying our " Professional" cutter, the cutting head started slamming into the side of our unit. Then it started cutting erratically.

We called customer service and GCC sent a new motherboard and a couple of other parts which corrected this odd behavior. Now 1.5 years later it is doing the EXACT same thing. The problem is GCC now says it is out of warranty and they will not cover anything.

Any thoughts other than their after sales support is sketchy? Any recommendations on a true professional unit that will last more than a year and a half?

· Banned
3 Posts
Recently I got my hands on a tower server completely free from my current employer as it had stopped working and they were just going to scrap it.
The tower is unbranded, but it contains an Intel S5000PSL server board with 8 sticks of ddr3 ram (36GB total), 2 unknown 5000 series Xeon CPUs, and a specialized PSU that is 2 PSUs built for the motherboard in a case that means one is a backup and it can automatically switch between them if one breaks. They are Hp r650ff3 PSUs.
I have been troubleshooting and firstly discovered the PSUs are broken. They have status lights and both go red when they are plugged into the motherboard, but green when they aren't plugged into anything but the mains power. This appears to be common when these PSUs are broken.
The motherboard had both its green lights on when it is plugged into the power supply, so that makes me think that there isn't much that could be wrong with it, but I still don't know everything that could be wrong with a PC.
Next I tried a normal PC PSU, then realized that the motherboard has a special Auxiliary power connector slot, which almost certainly needs to be plugged in for it to boot, and really only the specialized PSUs have that plug. I should mention that the lights on the motherboard were still on when the normal PSU was plugged in.
Pressing the power button did nothing when either PSU was plugged in, not even the system or CPU fans turned on.
Unfortunately, these PSUs cost ~£180 each.
I haven't closed it yet, but I am unsure if it will even boot without the auxiliary cable plugged in or not.
Are there any other things that could be wrong with the motherboard? Considering that I am planning to use this as a personal computer instead of a server, would buying the PSU be worth the investment? I have an Nvidia 960 that I'm planning to plug into it. Also considering that the PSU might not be the only problem, is it worth even trying troubleshooting it more after buying one because it could be too high a risk?
Any advice is appreciated!

· Registered
10 Posts
My GCC jaguar V is doing the same thing. It has done this in the past and I cleared the data and it would work fine, now the cutting head just takes off to the left when I size media. Also before this it would every once in a while it would just cut a line through my vinyl. But now its to the point I can't get it to size media it just beats its self against the left side. Have you found a fix for yours any help would be very appreciated. Thanks
Did you ever figure out what caused the problem with the cutter head?

· Registered
10 Posts
GCC technical support suggested that we check the connection between the cutter motor and the driver board. To do this, we removed the left cover (as you are looking at the machine) and the back panel (which is attached by 5 screws). There are two cable bundles that go from the motor to a small green circuit board. Below those cables, are two cable bundles that run from the green circuit board across the back of the cutter to a red circuit board (the driver board). We disconnected the cables from the red circuit board and re-connected them. Problem resolved, at least for the moment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts