T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to order a large quanity of tees, probably the Gildan Ultra Cotton Heavyweight. Just wondering what brand everyone likes, and what is the most popular size ordered?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I like the Gildans you are ordering. The best size depends on your target market; teenage girls would be smalls while geeks would be larges. In general, seems like The breakdown is something like S-15 M-25 L-30 XL-20 XXL-10.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Personally I like the Jerzees Silver or gold. I find them softer to the touch than the Gildans and provide a better surface to print on.

I may be wrong but I don't think the Gildan aren't ringspun and this is why they feel a little rougher. That said, they are still excellent shirts, probably comes down to personal preference.

XL always the most popular, probably followed by Medium.

Justin

·
Registered
263 Posts
TJ, I've heard a couple people talk about the Jerzeey brand on the boards.

What is the oz of that brand vs. the Gildan Ultra cotton or Haynes Beefy T?

ps. I've gotten Gildan for a few shirts I've had printed. Their pretty good and seam to last. They are a little rougher then lets say American Apparel... but they are also pretty hefty and durable. I personally prefer a little more thickness than softness. Thin shirts annoy me. A good combination of both soft and at least 6 oz. thickness would be the best... but I've yet to see one that fits that category.

·
Registered
241 Posts
BEatMaKeR said:
What is the oz of that brand vs. the Gildan Ultra cotton or Haynes Beefy T?
Hi'ya,

The Jerzees Gold is 7.6oz (Approx. 215gsm) I always liked the lighter feel but I agree, it's nice to get a good combination of weight and softness.
I'm looking at getting my own shirts manufactured now, that way you get exactly what you want!

Justin

·
Registered
28 Posts
American Apparel is the best in my opinion and we have people request it. XL seems to be the most popular as they run slim. Gildan Ultra cotton is what we use most - they are really thick and easy to print on, that and Fruit of the Loom Heavyweight.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have used the Gildan Ultra Cotton Heavyweight and the Murina AAA mens tee and found the Murina far superior - little bit more expensive but fantastic quality and great for screen prints.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts