T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to launch a tshirt website on tshritworld.com but don't know which approach to take.

Do I buy all the equipment, the presses, the tshirts, etc...?
Do I start selling them through cafepress to see how sales are and then stock my own?

I am not sure if I am right here but the only thing I learned so far is, no matter what you do, which direction you take, you have to have designs ready for your tshirts in 300 dip format?

·
Registered
401 Posts
It's all about market research, using a firm like CafePress (CP) is just an easy way to accomplish that. There are other ways you could research the market but using something like CP is an easy route. Other forms of market research might not prove that your design will sell to the extent that actually going out and selling them will (through CP). This is likened to people who don't want to make a huge investment at the start.

You could then use the profits from your CP sales to buy your press and blank t-shirts. ...

There's no rule of thumb. It's just an idea that would help the beginner to start up a t-shirt business with little investment and risk.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
What I did was call all the local t-shirt businesses and screen printers and ask around until I found a used heat press for sale. You can get one for 1/3 to 1/4 the price of a new one if you can find it; you might also check pawn shops and the like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts