T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Besides the table-top Ryonet Silver Press fitted with optional micro-registration heads ($1100 to $1500) or Riley Hopkins manual presses with joysticks ($2000-$2800), are there any other ECONOMICAL 4-color or 6-color manual presses w/ micro-registration you'd recommend?

I understand that I get what I pay for, but I'm up for the challenge. I've scoured Craigslist, but all I'm seeing are bankrupt screen printers selling rusty basement presses with broken/missing parts packaged with all their dried up ink, toxic chemicals and warped screens.

Any recommendations for finding a "diamond in the rough" press would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Patience. If you're just getting your feet wet, I'd buy an older press like an old Hopkins International without micros. They're typically pretty cheap and will always fetch what you pay for them, plus parts are still available.
If you're looking to upgrade from a hobby press (or the above Hopkins) after getting some experience and you plan on making a business of this, wait for a deal to come along. I've seen used 6-color Antec Legends in the $3000-$3500 range in the past. My Vastex cost me $3000. 4 months old. The really good deals are few and far between, but they're there and someone is gonna reap the reward of patience. Might as well be you.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I just scored a killer deal on a 4 colour hopkins and a vaacuum table hat press and all the goodies for 600.00....been looking for a good deal for over a year.
Patience can pay off if you can wait.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On Patience...you're absolutely right. I am getting way ahead of myself and need to concentrate on making due with what I have for now. My niche is in the one/two color shirts, simple designs and under 50 pieces. I get them out the door quickly for my customers. (unless, of course, I'm presented with a screamin' deal !)

·
Registered
2,919 Posts
Try and sock away a little money so that when a good deal presents itself you can jump on it. When I got my current press I begged the people to let me leave a deposit to hold it 'til I could pick it up on Saturday. They wouldn't take it. Just wanted me to bring a cashier's check when I came to get the press. I was scared to death that someone else would show up with a pocket full of cash and walk away with it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts