T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I was wondering if I had a t-shirt design (logo) which incorporated 3 colors (that are not separated but together -- touching) if all 3 colors can be sueded and/or High Density raised inks? Or if only 1 is allowed to be sueded and/or High Density and even that has to be on top of a solid plastisol based ink if multiple inks/colors are used in the same logo? What's the rule of thumb with that type of ink processes?

I've never seen a logo design that has 3 colors and them all be Sueded and/or High Density which is why I ask. I've seen several logos where the base colors are solid plastisol inks but the top color is Sueded and/or High Density.... Or the logo colors are separated (colors don't touch) and the inks are both Sueded or both High Desnity... but never where the colors touched?

I'm wondering if this is possible?

Thanks,

Shaun

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
touching meaning layers of material type transfers ? or a combination using material transfers and plastisol ink transfers ?

if so, yes it can be done.

Not sure about the question so i'll stop here for now. :)

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Touching" meaning there are no space between the colors used in the logo. No fabrics layered.... no. Just inks.

Just wondering if multiple sueded inks can be used in the same logo printing if the colors touch?

Also, wondering if multiple High Density raised inks can be used in the same logo printing if the color touch?

Two separate questions. Two separate instances. Sorry if I was confusing. ;)

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
the lingo is confusing me.... I do better with Elmer Fudd type English. :) lol

Swede ink, is that like a velvet/fuzzy texture type ? and the raised density, is that like puff ink ?

Im looking at a 4 clr process transfer now that the colors not only touch they blend. It also has a little puff in the mix. Is this what you are asking ? sorry, too much php today.:)

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
High density inks can be mutliple colors and a lot of times are. If you look closely at the sides of the print you will see the colors are stacked on top of each other to achieve a higher print. There really isnt a way that you can print

example:

text at top = one hd color
text in the middle = another hd color
text at bottom = another hd color.

The only way would be to print top on all text. second color would print middle and bottom text. 3rd color would print bottom text. You have to shim the screens to compensate for the the off contact diference due to the hd inks.

You can print mutliple types of specialty inks in one print. Only thing you have to do is prep for those ink when creating the art and have a perfect print order to achieve the best results.

Anoter issue if flashing. When you see see even a one color HD Print there is a good chance it was printed twice using a 3-400 micron cop film flashed and then a 1-200 micron cap film. This smaller micron on a lil higher mesh frame will render a smoother surface to the print.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Swede inks do not need to be stacked like HD inks do in order to use multiple colors correct?

Also, was wondering if its possible to print Water based inks as a bottom color and HD or Plastisol on top of that? I recently spoke with a screen printer who claimed that you cannor print a water based ink as a bottom color (white) then print Plastisol inks on top because water does not mix with oil (plastisol) inks? Is that correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts