T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have contacted Mission Imprintables and they seem pretty reasonable. Does anyone out there have any other connections to a place that sells tees for less than a buck a tee with a wholesale license of cours? Next question, to start out I am probably going to buy some white shirts but some colored as well. Do you all know if Mission Imprintables has a minimum with each order? If so, are there any other places I can buy from that have comparable prices and don't require a minimum?

Next question, in San Diego, can anyone recommend a place to press our decals on our shirts? Can anyone recommend where we can go to do it ourselves and the cost? What about the T-JEt printer. Are there any in San Diego? I went to the ISS show in Long Beach and that printer seems to work pretty well. Last question, what does everyone think about sublimation printing (pros and cons) I have a shirt (I got at the show) that was printed by the EpSoN printer (that uses sublimation ink)and it did a very nice job.

Any contacts or advice will be helpful
silverbolt

·
Registered
380 Posts
Sublimation printed shirts are terrific for small quantities, full colors and variable data (such as a different name on each item). Sublimation requires polyester. Blank shirts start about $4.25. There is absolutely no "hand" or feel to the image and it will never crack peel or fade.

For full color or low volume cottons the direct printed shirts are an option. I have farmed out shirts printed on the Kornit printers. They have a pretty good quality. Image resolution is terrific. The T-Jet printed shirts are just as nice.

Ron

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just looked into the sublimation printing process and you are soo right. For our use (small quanities and just starting out), it seems to be the best process. Question, you mentioned you need to print on polyester shirts. Where can I buy those polyester shirts at a reasonable price? I am here in San Diego, and I have searched a little bit and so far I haven't been successful. I have found 50/50 of course and 100% cotton but not polyester. Any info on this would be appreciated.

cprvh said:
Sublimation printed shirts are terrific for small quantities, full colors and variable data (such as a different name on each item). Sublimation requires polyester. Blank shirts start about $4.25. There is absolutely no "hand" or feel to the image and it will never crack peel or fade.

For full color or low volume cottons the direct printed shirts are an option. I have farmed out shirts printed on the Kornit printers. They have a pretty good quality. Image resolution is terrific. The T-Jet printed shirts are just as nice.

Ron

·
Registered
380 Posts
The most popular shirt I use is the Hanes Soft L'ink. They are poly outside for dye reception and cotton inside for traditional comfort. Vapor shirts also produces very nice results. Check with some of the sublimation suppliers (Johnson Plastics, TR Dist., Conde, Bur-Lane, etc.). Many carry the shirts.

Ron

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
cprvh said:
The most popular shirt I use is the Hanes Soft L'ink. They are poly outside for dye reception and cotton inside for traditional comfort. Vapor shirts also produces very nice results. Check with some of the sublimation suppliers (Johnson Plastics, TR Dist., Conde, Bur-Lane, etc.). Many carry the shirts.

Ron

Would you be willing to pass down the websites/phone numbers. Thanks RON

1 - 6 of 6 Posts