T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I wondered about that too. I thought it had to do with the winter Olympics, but actually it's about a skit they had on Saturday Night Live. Read more here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/More_cowbell
I didn't think the skit was funny at all. I thought it was just average for SNL, but a lot of people seem to think it's great for some bizarre reason.

·
Registered
249 Posts
That skit was hilarious to me... then again I am a musician of nearly 20 years. It's a great commentary on musicians, producers, cowbell and bands of the 70s.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Here's the scoop - it was voted the #1 funniest SNL skit of all time around a year ago. that's what started the hype.....

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
You know, before this thread I had seen over a dozen "More Cowbell" t-shirts but had no idea what the heck the craze was about either.

Thanks for posting the question, johnsmith. This was one of those "common things I wanna know, but was afraid to ask" :)

Just watched the skit for the first time today via the wikipedia link posted by Quickne$$ (thanks).

·
Premium Member
27,698 Posts
Rusty Waters said:
you never saw the more cowbell skit?
Not before yesterday.

Then again, I haven't watch SNL regularly for a long while now.

Maybe I'll give it a Tivo thumbs up to see if I can catch any episodes.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I think a lot of people thought SNL stopped being funny when Dana Carvey and Phil Hartman left the show. Granted, those years were better by a mile than most of the 70's, but nothing compares to the Will Ferrell era. Looks like Chris Parnell is the new savior of SNL... The Chronic-what-cles of Naria!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Yeah I'm a huge fan of Lazy Sunday. Greatest rap video ever! I'm a huge Chris Parnell fan now. I've been going around downloading as many of his rap videos as I can find. I've watched Lazy Sunday dozens of times and I also bought some cupcakes and watched Chronicles of Narnia because of it. I've also watched the Natalie Portman rap video a few dozen times and Parnell's Kirsten Dunst rap is pretty cool too.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think a lot of people thought SNL stopped being funny when Dana Carvey and Phil Hartman left the show. Granted, those years were better by a mile than most of the 70's, but nothing compares to the Will Ferrell era. Looks like Chris Parnell is the new savior of SNL... The Chronic-what-cles of Naria!
You're forgetting Andy Samberg! He's really the only thing keeping the show alive today.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I'm afraid I never saw the sketch. I used to watch SNL all the time, but I kinda dropped out of it after the whole cast changed. Plus I'll admit, I kinda got into MadTV after awhile, and I am still a fan today. It must be something special though, or else it wouldn't have become such a phenomenon.

·
Registered
28 Posts
In my opinion, anything with Christoper Walken in it is worth watching :)
I completely agree, I even started to enjoy the Flatboy Slim song "weapon of Choice" because he dances in the video clip....usually I listen to heavy metal, but I fell in love with that song becuase of him.....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts