T-Shirt Forums banner

Mold -vs- Screens

655 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  chasamax 
#1 ·
Hello T-shirt Gurus!

I have a potential disaster and it is all my fault. So, any help would be really appreciated.

My washout room is in my basement and after cleaning 9 screens I was running out of time for an engagement.

Well, a few things happened and I wasn't able to grab those screens from the basement until the day after I had washed them. Now I notice tiny black spots on every single screen.

I tried to d-haze, degrease.. you name it - it wouldn't come off. Right now I have them in my dark room with the overhead fan and dehumidifier running. I heard nice and dry conditions will help to kill mold.

I haven't tried 'recleaning' the screens yet.. to lose 9 screens to stupidity would be a very hard lesson to learn.

Any suggestions on how to remove the spots and will these spots interfere with the emulsion

#2 ·
After some research, I think the problem was caused by either splashback from the washout process or my new pressure washer is spitting out some grease used by the manufacturer to lube the parts. If it is grease, the manufacturer is going to buy me 9 new screens (because I said so), if it is the pressure from the washer splashing contaminates onto the screen, I will make adjustments for that.

I figured it couldn't be mold at this point. I used the worst screen I had and used screen opener, ink remover, d-haze and every other screen cleaning chemical I had and the spots are still there.. but a little lighter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.