T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am helping a new client tackle some (hopefully) more profitable halftone work. I am not a printer myself I am providing seps and production advice where I can.

He is working on his first 8 color print and there is a moire problem somewhere. Looks like it might be the 172 red to me. The artwork is a reproduction of a process printed advertising image. I am sure this is the source of the problem but I can't change that.

I have told him to output everything at 22.5 with elliptical dots,

Attached is an image of the print and the sequence I gave him. looking for some advice on how he can find the screen with the moire problem, find the right angle and get back to work tomorrow without too much downtime.

Thanks everyone.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone. I am helping a new client tackle some (hopefully) more profitable halftone work. I am not a printer myself I am providing seps and production advice where I can.

He is working on his first 8 color print and there is a moire problem somewhere. Looks like it might be the 172 red to me. The artwork is a reproduction of a process printed advertising image. I am sure this is the source of the problem but I can't change that.

I have told him to output everything at 22.5 with elliptical dots,

Attached is an image of the print and the sequence I gave him. looking for some advice on how he can find the screen with the moire problem, find the right angle and get back to work tomorrow without too much downtime.

Thanks everyone. View attachment 273675
I used to create halftone prints in a darkroom years ago. The only thing I'm aware of for reducing Moire patterns is turning one of the screens at a 45 degree angle. Im not sure how that translates into what you are doing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts