T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This isn't an AD---Even if it sounds like one-

We've been the proud owners of a Belquette Mod1 for about 2 years now.

When we decided to go with BQ we did our extensive due diligence and investigated the entire field before making our choice with BQ as to the printer. We also were ready to go with automated pretreat at that time but the choices available in the market weren't impressive when investigated. So,...... we held off rather than drop 3 to 6 grand on basically a "box with a pressurized nozzle" and we suffered through with manual spray pretreating and the vagaries of uniformity. You long timers know of what I speak.

So, when the gang at BQ announced and released the Edge, we were excited and once again did our due diligence. We watched while BQ held off the release for a period of time as they did their thing and beta tested, refined, improved and improved some more, BEFORE dropping it to an eager market. (this to their deserved credit).

Well, we have an Edge now added to our operation and couldn't be more satisfied with the whole concept. A "concept" Which leaves ANY OTHER P/T EQUIPMENT ON THE MARKET TODAY, totally in the dust and dark ages.

Our experience is flawless reliability, perfect software integration and sync, a simple (appearing) and controlled system. And, all that is well and good but what gets better is the bottom line of the whole thing.

Our P/T costs are reduced close to 60% on average and the system has integrated into our printing process as to be a non labor issue. Our operator stays busy between the P/T, dry press, Mod1 and cure and stack and has a work flow that is seamless. We essentially don't have a p/t labor component in our stats anymore, certainly there is material cost and some minimal maintenance costs of labor but this is merely minutes per day. Try to say that with a paint sprayer in your hand OR a paint sprayer stuck in a cabinet.

And, with all of the above we have achieved perfect (and I don't use the word lightly) consistency, laydown and finished print quality with the Edge in the loop than we have ever come close to manually OR seen any of our other compatriots pull off with the previous excuses for a pretreat machine.And this spells better product, brighter vibrant prints and that spells happier customers and easier sells, defensible pricing and ,...well you get the idea.

Any dtg'er whether running a Mod or other brand who needs to improve print quality and their workflow/cost/production/time needs to do the math and make the investment in quality and profitability with the Edge. The math is easy if you apply it. This machine is clearly paying for itself in our shop.

As an aside, Belquette has outstanding support and follow through on all of their previous releases and that carries right through to the Edge as well. The only thing is, we haven' needed support in any way but hey,...it's nice knowing it's there and who I'm dealing with if I do need it.

Any questions, PM me I'd be glad to fill you in further.

And now comes Genesis,.......hmmmm, my appetite is further whetted. I don't know how MM and company could top the Mod but I've got a feeling they probably have. Exciting stuff, this industry is on a growth curve that is awesome.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
Wow Tom, all I can say is thank you! (Well, maybe not all) ;)

What Belquette is focused on doing is advancing the direct to garment industry, and that's what drives the innovation. The debut of the Genesis will show the direction we are going. As an FYI, it's not a production unit yet and won't be until next year. If all goes well, production units should start rolling off the line before 2nd quarter. It's been a long time in the making and has been very difficult to keep under wraps, but since we are edging much closer to production, we felt SGIA would be a good introduction.

Thanks again for the awesome comments, it's appreciated more than you know!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Great feedback.

What's the daily/weekly maintenance like with the Edge? How does it address clogging of nozzles etc?
In over two months of continuous use, it's been very simple. We use the "Mix P/t feature" on morning startup which cycles the entire content prior to use. On shut down, we wipe down the machine and platen, remove one finger tight nut collar which secures the nozzle, drop the nozzle in our hand and run it in the "Fluidixx" nozzle cleaner and solution for a few minutes and leave the nozzle in the cleaner overnight. On startup the next day run the cleaner again a few minutes, shake and agitate the p/t supply and reinstall the nozzle in the unit, run the "mix p/t cycle and we're ready to go.

This has been so well thought out that considering any other unit is out of the question, at least it was for us.

Learn more by talking with BQ before pulling the trigger on any other piece of equipment out there. They'll inform you without any sales pressure. If you can, go to a show on their schedule and see it work and ask questions.

When you look, and when you learn, you'll discover the few bucks difference just doesn't make a difference when you factor it into your cost of operation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts