T-Shirt Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if the Belquette RIP software program runs on 64 bit or 32 bit PC systems with Windows 7?

And the same question regarding the RIP or software for the new EDGE pretreat unit?

Thank you in advance for your answer-

·
Registered
168 Posts
Bernie,

The RIP will work with both 32-bit and 64-bit. It will also run on Windows 7. This is actually the version we use on all our systems in the office.

Also, I am almost 100% sure this is true for the EDGE Link software also. I know it runs on 64-bit Windows 7. I will verify this in the morning and get back to you.

Thanks!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, guys.. We're considering a Mod1 and and EDGE and are in the process of replacing computers in house.. Didn't want to get ahead of ourselves by going for 64 bit architecture systems if there was any compatibility issues.

As for Windows 8, I think we'll stay away from it as long as we can from what we hear about it so far.

Reactions: BQChris

·
Registered
168 Posts
Great! Look forward to having you on the BelQuette Team. Let us know if you have any questions concerning the MOD-1, EDGE, or the industry in general.

As for Windows 8, I think we'll stay away from it as long as we can from what we hear about it so far.
Yea, sounds like a smart decision. Not a Windows fan in general but I think this was an all-around bad direction for them.

·
Registered
4,202 Posts
It's a lot different than what I think anyone is used to. That being said, the RIP functioned well as did the communication back and forth from the computer to the printer. There was one piece of software that was throwing exceptions, but it continued to work regardless.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts