T-Shirt Forums banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We do all of our business on-site and looking for the best and most inexpensive way to accept and
process credit cards. We currently have a mobile unit but the processing fees are very high.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
2,498 Posts
We have both the Square and the Intuit GoPayment.
www.squareup.com
Intuit GoPayment – iPhone credit card processing for mobile payments

I personally like the Square better. I use it on my iPhone and my partner uses the GoPayment on his Blackberry.

Both swipers were free. I actually lost my Square reader and was scrambling just minutes before I had to leave to go to the ARA Show to exhibit in Vegas so I went to Radio Shack and bought a spare for $10, but it came with a coupon for $10 credit when you activate it so it was still free. If you order your reader online, it will be free. Just put in your bank router number and account number and you're good to go! :)

· Registered
660 Posts
Gee thanks i did not realize you could buy the readers at radio shack. Going to pick one up. The i will haven one for the ipad and the iphone. I have been with square for about 1 1/2 yrs and could not be happier. It is so fast and easy to use and i have never had a problem. Money is in my account very quickly . Great part is no mothly service fee

· Registered
2,498 Posts
Gee thanks i did not realize you could buy the readers at radio shack. Going to pick one up. The i will haven one for the ipad and the iphone. I have been with square for about 1 1/2 yrs and could not be happier. It is so fast and easy to use and i have never had a problem. Money is in my account very quickly . Great part is no mothly service fee
Yeah I was freaking out when I was ready to leave for the ARA Show and my Square reader wasn't in the spot I designate for it and couldn't find it anywhere! I looked online and found that Radio Shack and Best Buy carry them. Radio Shack was the closest one so I went there. They have black ones, too!

· Registered
2,201 Posts
I Love square. Intuit just ripped me off for 2 years, (yes my fault for never checking my statements) never used their service but got charged $32.50 a month for 2 years until I questioned something on my bank statement last month, we told them we did not want to sign up but the girl said go ahead and if you end up selling the cabin business you are under no obligation, sold the cabin business and told them I did not want it, well guess what guess they did not care, I ASSUMED (yes I know) that it had been closed because I never ran the first card through them and then I find out last month they were taking fees every month:( LOVE square, and the money comes out before it goes into your account so no surprise fees at the beginning of the month

· Registered
2,201 Posts
Does the square have an option for printed receipts? Do they send monthly statements and the required form to file with the irs at the end of the year?
I send the receipt to my email and then send it on to the customer but most of the time they do not want one because I give an invoice but of course that is in my storefront not at a show but email still works fine.

Everything is online and you can go there and look at all the transactions etc and print anything you need.

Good luck

· Registered
660 Posts
go to squares website - most questions are answered there . if they aren't then you can contact square directly . you can access your account and print off monthly sales. Better then having to pay a charge for a company doing it and mailing it to you

· Registered
1,311 Posts
Does anyone actually use intuit? Im leaning towards them because they also do quickbooks, anyone know if it works well with quickbooks, the app and or on the computer?

Sent from my Xoom using T-Shirt Forums
I use intuit. After using paypaland pay anywhere I went with and will stay with intuit. Over time I will be phasing out PayPal and putting my website on that account as well once I get a security cert. I have dealt with their customer service several times and it was better then I expected. The admin site is excellent as well

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.